Categories: Mayflower Descendants On WikiTree | Scottish Clans Project | Irish Roots Project | Magna Carta | European Aristocrats Project | Puritan Great Migration Project | Athey-67 | WikiTree Leaders | Nantucket Founders and Descendants | WikiTree Arborists.
- Darlene's formal name
- e-mail address
- birth location
- images (8)
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
- siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
- autosomal DNA test connections
Darlene is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- My primary focus is merging and repairing/cleaning up pre-1500 profiles, which tend to be related to the European Aristocrats project.
- My maiden name is Athey. This line (proved through DNA) traces back to 'Captain' George Athy, who immigrated from Galway, Ireland to Maryland in the mid-1600s.
- I've been interested in DNA for over a decade. I had my dad's mtDNA tested a dozen years ago to help a cousin prove her connection to the Kirklands. Since then I've tested my dad's Y-DNA and auDNA, as well as my mom's and my auDNA. I'm currently working on mapping chromosomes and hope to break down some brick walls via DNA. I'm happy to help others with DNA questions.
- I use this tool, along with GenomeMate Pro, to keep track of mapping chromosomes.
- I am co-leader of the overall European Aristocrats project as well as the British Isles Royals & Aristocrats 742-1499 sub-project. I became interested in medieval genealogy in the early 2000s and spent several years focusing my research on that period.
- Both of my parents have Irish ancestry. My DNA shows me to be about 31% Irish.
- My Kirklands trace back to Caleb Kirkland of Alabama, and his ancestors that trace to Richard Kirkland of Anne Arundel, Maryland & Fairfax, Virginia.
- I've been a Leader since early 2014, heading up the European Aristocrats Project. I broke the project down into five sub-projects due to their size. In addition to overseeing the overall master EuroAristo project, I also am leader of the British Isles Royals & Aristocrats 742-1499 sub-project as well as the Nantucket (Massachusetts) project.
- Closely tied to the EuroAristo project, since everyone within the Magna Carta project is also within the European Aristocrats Project.
- John Howland and Elizabeth Tilley are my 9th great-grandparents.
- Heading up the project tracking the founding fathers and their descendants. My lines trace back to the families of Barnard, Coleman, Gardner, Macy, Starbuck, etc.
- I have numerous ancestors that immigrated to America and fall within this category, including ancestors that arrived on the Mayflower (Tilley and Howland).
- As a leader of the European Aristocrats Project as well as the British Isles 742-1499 sub-project, most of my time is spent in the pre-1500 period.
- I have numerous ancestors that immigrated to America during this timeframe, including Mayflower passengers John Howland and Elizabeth Tilley.
- My mother's lines trace back to the Anderson, Crerar, Dow and MacGlashan families of Perthshire, Scotland. They immigrated to Ontario, Canada in the 1800s. They're all brick walls in Scotland, so hoping to use DNA to help locate their ancestors.
- My Snell line traces back to Heinrich Schnell, who immigrated from Germany/Switzerland to Orangeburgh, SC in 1735. His grandson, Christian/Christopher Snell was a Patriot in the Revolutionary War. Chris' father Barnett/Barnard Snell and half-brothers (and brothers-in-law) were Loyalists. The Loyalist contingent was evacuated to Nova Scotia , eventually returning to the U.S. into Maryland and on to Ohio. Christian moved to Georgia and descendants to Alabama.
- Darlene Athey-Hill is a Wonderful WikiTreer Aug 9, 2018.
- 200,000+ G2G Points! Congratulations to Darlene Athey-Hill! Jul 24, 2017.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Darlene. (Best for comments to Darlene that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Darlene that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 9 Oct 2018 at 16:25 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 7 Sep 2018 at 02:07 GMT Caryl (Short) Ruckert wrote:
We are 8th cousins once removed through John Worth. Do you need any help on the Nantuckert project?
On 2 Aug 2018 at 01:47 GMT Marian (Alexander) Sharp wrote:
Forgot to mention that my grandmother was Elizabeth Isabell Singleton Athey, and that the immigrant George Athey of Galway, Ireland is also my ancestor.
Again, thank you, Marian Sharp
On 2 Aug 2018 at 01:38 GMT Marian (Alexander) Sharp wrote:
My sister's daughter and grandchildren, her son's daughter and grandchildren, several of my cousins, including 1st cousin and his daughter and grandchildren have all had dna testings on 23andme and on Myheritage, although none of these people have wanted to work on Wikitree. Should I put something else? Let me know if I can't claim that. Thanks for your help.
On 18 Jul 2018 at 11:35 GMT Joe Lastowski wrote:
Darlene (Athey) Athey-Hill and Joe Lastowski are both descendants of Hendrik (Von Limburg) Limburg. " Hello very distant cousin, has there or is been any work to connect the Grenier lines? I am a Grenier descendant as well as Guillaume De Lespinay Couillard. I am extremely interested in seeing a complete Grenier line created. One other thing, why can't a project manager edit there project? I to was trying to find Grenier in your list of aristocrats.
One more question. Why doesn't Grenier show up in the Peerage lists that are out there. I have come across one person, but you would think there would be more. Her name was Lady Elan Grenier I believe.
On 12 Jul 2018 at 16:25 GMT Angela (Boyer) Cortner wrote:
We are 11th cousins 1x removed both of us are descendants of Richard Kimball1 your 11th Great Grandfather and my 10th Great Grandfather. We have 114 ancestors in common within 30 generations. Great to find we are related! Angela (Boyer) Cortner Boyer-3525
On 4 Jul 2018 at 17:52 GMT Chris Ferraiolo wrote:
On 4 Jul 2018 at 03:15 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 24 Jun 2018 at 10:51 GMT Dawn Brown wrote:
On 7 Jun 2018 at 04:27 GMT Terri (Wahlberg) Crowell wrote: