|The source page THE EARLY AUBREY/AWBREY FAMILY IN WALES FROM 1060 TO 1350 provides an explanation regarding the existence of, the lineage of, and circa birth dates of the early Aubrey/Awbrey individuals in Wales. The period covered is 1060 to 1350.|
|Coordinator for the Wales Project with specific responsibilities for Counties and Cities of Wales and Places in Wales (in progress).|
Pages refer to "documents" that are a description or an amplification on a subject.
I was born at Kleberg County Hospital in Kingsville, Texas. Lived in Kingsville until 1960. Moved to Austin, Texas in 1960 while in the Army. Moved to San Antonio, Texas in 1973 after being employed by USAA.
I joined the U.S. Army in February, 1960. After basic training, worked in the Battalion Headquarters of the 4th Missile Unit, 7th Artillery at Bergstrom Air Force Base, Austin, Texas. The unit was a Nike-Hercules missile unit whose role was to protect Strategic Air Command bases. I completed my service in 1963.
- Attended H.M. king High School in Kingsville, TX - graduated in 1955.
- Graduated with a BBA degree from Texas A&I University (now Texas A&M at Kingsville) in 1959.
- Did additional undergrad work at University of Texas - Austin, Texas 1963-65 earning teacher certification in secondary education.
- Completed course work to earn the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation.
- Worked as parts department inventory controller for the Chevrolet dealer while attending high school and college in Kingsville, Texas.
- Worked as parts department inventory controller for the Chevrolet dealer while attending University of Texas in Austin, Texas.
- Worked as an underwriting manager for Farmers Ins Group at the Austin, Texas regional office 1965-73.
- Held management positions in various home office staff Property & Casualty Underwriting units at USAA from 1973 until retirement in 1998. Insurance industry activities in state auto insurance plans (SAIP):
- President - Mens Garden Clubs of America - Austin, Texas Chapter in 1960
- President - Southwest Region - Mens Garden Clubs of America 1960-61
- Certified Mens Garden Clubs of America flower show judge
There is an ongoing effort establish our emigrant ancestor John Awbrey as a Gateway Ancestor. Most of the work has been done by Liz Shifflett. See John Awbrey’s profile and the Awbrey Magna Carta Trail page for the latest information.
I became interested in Awbrey family history in the 1960s when an aunt and some cousins held several family reunions.
My interest in Awbrey family history became active again in 2014. For several years I had been interested in my wife's research on her Martin and Dooley family genealogy. This included visits to various locations in the U.S. and to Gien, France where her great-great grandfather lived while a member of the French General Assembly.
While planning a trip to Bristol, England in 2014 for more Martin family research we decided to visit Brecon, Wales to do Awbrey family research.
That visit was revealing. I visited Awbrey related sites at Abercynrig Estate, St. Ellwy's Church at Llanelieu, Christ College and Brecon Cathedral. There was much I did not know at that time.
In 2016, a second visit to Brecon and surrounding areas were much more productive due to research that had been done. Visits to additional sites and buildings related to the family were made.
My Awbrey family research has been greatly assisted by books self-published by cousins:
On site research has been done at:
Online research has been very productive with general searches on Google and specific online searches of the National Archives and the National Library of Wales.
Member Kendall County (Texas) Genealogical Society.
Research never stops. What an addiction!
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
On 16 Feb 2019 at 07:20 GMT Rae (Redford) Santema wrote:
On 8 Feb 2019 at 04:01 GMT Rae (Redford) Santema wrote:
On 23 Sep 2018 at 17:37 GMT Gayel Knott wrote:
On 23 Sep 2018 at 14:58 GMT Gayel Knott wrote:
On 7 Aug 2018 at 03:13 GMT Anon Snyder wrote:
On 6 Aug 2018 at 22:36 GMT Anon Snyder wrote:
On 31 Jul 2018 at 19:48 GMT Natalie (Durbin) Trott wrote:
Thank you, Natalie
On 31 Jul 2018 at 10:46 GMT Natalie (Durbin) Trott wrote:
I’m Natalie, a leader of the Categorization Project. Please have a look at the revamped Categorization Project page, specifically about the new team approach. Members will be now be part of the Maintenance Team. Project Liaisons and leaders will be involved in the Vision and Collaboration team. Please contact me within the next week to let me know if you would like to remain an active member of the project. If I don’t hear back from you I will assume you no longer want to be a part of the Categorization Project. Thanks, Natalie
On 21 Apr 2018 at 19:50 GMT Dorothy Barry wrote:
Hopefully you will have some time this weekend to help up stay up in the top 5 teams!! Keep up with us on our team page here: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Southern_Super_Sweepers and team chat on g2g: https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/580205/southern-super-sweepers-team-chat-spring-2018
On 25 Feb 2018 at 00:44 GMT Ron Campbell wrote: