"L'ancêtre des Babin en Acadie, Antoine, demeurait à Port-Royal." Antoine est né vers 1626 ou 1631 en France. Il épousa Marie Mercier, fille d'un homme inconnu et de Françoise Gaudet vers 1662. Entre vers 1663 et 1684, le couple a eu 11 enfants:
Antoine est mort à Port-Royal (Annapolis Royal, Édouard Nouvelle Écosse, Canada) entre 1686 et 1688.
The Acadian Babin Family stems from one man, Antoine Babin, who lived at Port-Royal (Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia, Canada). He was born in France around 1626 or 1631. Around 1662 he married Marie Mercier, daughter of an unkown Mercier and Françoise Gaudet. According to the depositions of his descendants, Antoine came to Acadia from France with his wife.
Between around 1663 and 1684, Antoine and Marie had 11 children:
Antoine died at Port-Royal between 1686 and 1688.
- c1626 or 1631 birth, in France
- 1632 Treaty Saint-Germain-en-Laye cedes Acadia to France; Razilly brings ~300 elite men
- 1636 Arrival of he first French families to settle permanantly
- 1654 British capture Port-Royal; French settlement ceases
- c1662 marriage to Marie Mercier, in France
- c1663 birth, daughter Marie
- c1664 birth, son Charles
- c1665 birth, son Vincent
- 1667-70 Treaty of Breda cedes Acadia to the French; settlement resumes
- c1668 birth, daughter Jeanne
- c1670 birth, daughter Marguerite
- 1671 residence, in Port Royal
- c1671 birth, daughter Catherine
- c1674 birth, daughter Anne
- c1676 birth, son Antoine
- c1678 birth, daughter Madeleine
- 1678 residence, in Port Royal
- c1681 birth, daughter Françoise
- c1684 birth, son Jean
- 1686 residence, in Port Royal
- a1686 death, in Port Royal
- 1671 Acadian Census at Port Royal: Antoine BABIN, farmer, 45, his wife, Marie MERCIER 25; Children: Marie 9, Charles 7, Vincent 5, Jeanne 3, Marguerite 1; cattle 6, sheep 8 and 2 arpents of cultivated land.
- 1678 Acadian Census at Port Royal: Anthoine Babin & Marie Mercier; 1 acre; 4 cattle & 2 sheep; 3 boys: 15 1663; 13 1665; 3 1675; 6 girls: 11 1667; 9 1669; 7 1671; 5 1673; 3/M 1678.
- 1686 Acadian Census at Port Royal: Antoine BABIN 55, Marie MERCIER 40; children: Vincent 21, Marguerite 16, Catherine 14, Anne 12, Antoine 10, Magdelaine 8, Francoise 5, Jean 2; 1 gun, 1-1/2 arpents, 10 cattle, 12 sheep, 8 hogs.
- Acadian.org citing these sources:
- White, Stephen A., Patrice Gallant, and Hector-J Hébert. Dictionnaire Généalogique Des Familles Acadiennes. Moncton, N.-B.: Centre D'études Acadiennes, Université De Moncton, 1999, Print, p61.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Antoine by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Antoine:
- Donna (Friebel) Storz : 23andMe, GEDMatch M123750 + AncestryDNA + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch M123750, FTDNA kit #B5389
- Ron Friebel : 23andMe, GEDMatch M134548
- Bob Landry : 23andMe, GEDMatch M695728
- Anonymous Male Gallier : 23andMe, GEDMatch M941748
- Gérard Arsenault : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A418688
- Antoinette Daigle : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #361254
- G. Hall : Family Tree DNA Family Finder
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 2 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Roland Arsenault, Michelle Brooks, Acadians Project WikiTree, Lianne Lavoie, Caroline Domangue, and Maurice LeBlanc. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 14 Aug 2016 at 23:00 GMT Donna (Friebel) Storz wrote:
On 28 Mar 2015 at 15:03 GMT Michelle (Bairfield) Brooks wrote:
On 26 Mar 2015 at 01:19 GMT Michelle (Bairfield) Brooks wrote:
On 26 Mar 2015 at 00:13 GMT Don Stone wrote:
On 25 Mar 2015 at 23:23 GMT Lianne Lavoie wrote:
On 7 Dec 2014 at 16:13 GMT Jacqueline Girouard wrote:
Antoine is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 27 degrees from Bob Dylan, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 22 degrees from Michael Phelps and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.