- Roland Baker III's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
[NEHGR Online Database] [Family Search NEHGR List] [American Genealogist (TAG)] [Torrey 3 Vol Database] [Great Migration Databases] [DAR Ancestor Search] [NSSAR Patriot Search] [Anderson's Great Migration Key to Titles] [Editing Tips] [Color] [Formatting Example 1] [Formatting Example 2] [Formatting Example 3] [Sources] [Great Migration Tittles PDF] [Puritan Great Migration Sources] [South African mtDNA - Female Progenitors][Relationship Finder]
I have a degree from U.C. Berkeley in Molecular Genetics. My specialty is in ancient human genomes, ancient human migrations and applications of genetics to genealogy. I owe much of my fascination in this subject to the early works of Allan Wilson, Rebecca Cann and Mark Stoneking at U.C. Berkeley. I am captivated by the revolution in Next Generation Sequencing enabled by Illumina technology.
I post articles relating to ancient human genomics and genetic genealogy on Facebook and Twitter. I'm also active on Find A Grave. I am also involved in Scientific Computing Projects for organizations as diverse as FUNDEP in the Amazon, NASA and NOAA.
My ancestors migrated mainly from the British and the Channel Isles to Maine, New Hampshire, Eastern Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island during the great migration. I also have three native American ancestors and one San ancestor from the 17th and 18th centuries.
My California Sons of the American revolution Application was for Elijah Kidder. My General Society of Mayflower Descendants application was for Stephen Hopkins (National # # 90215 California # 9061). My Mayflower lines include: Alden, Allerton, Bradford, Brewster, Chilton, Cooke, Hopkins, Howland, Mullins, Priest, Rogers, Samson, Tilley, Warren, White, Winslow. I'm considering doing a Baronial Order of Magna Charta (BOMC) and Military Order of the Crusades (MOC) application.
My Ancestry.com tree is administered Roland_H_Baker_III and my public tree is "Roland Baker:". I have trees on GENI, MyHeritage and FamilySearch. I have a partial tree on WikiTree. I have a separate tree for Leonard research.
|FullGenomes 30x Whole Genome Sequence.|
|Y-DNA Haplotype R-L664 subgroup 2.D R1a1-CTS4385>L664>(S3478?)>S2894>YP282-C>YP441>A172|
|GEDMATCH Kit # is A961190,|
|FTDNA Kit 340616 Autosomal "Family Finder"|
|FTDNA and FullGenomes Full Sequence mtDNA,|
|Y-DNA FTDNA STR-111, BigY and FullGenomes Complete Sequence|
|Ysearch.org ID 97MV2|
|Y-DNA analyzed by Yfull.com and FullGenomes to ~500 STR.|
|AncestryDNA attached to my tree.|
|My mtDNA Haplotype has markers consistent with both the J1c2 and J1c3 C13934T classification. I have published the full sequence which can be accessed at the NIH genbank or at mitomap.org. Use ACCESSION # KR072973.|
|My mother is also on AnstryDNA, FTDNA #B11314 and GEDMATCH Kit # A457577.|
Current Projects: I am currently writing biographies for several families from the Great Migration using Chicago Style inline citation and bibliographies focusing on the latest research I can find including the works of Robert Charles Anderson's Great Migration Project, Douglas Richardson's Royal Ancestry, various journals including The American Genealogist (TAG), The New England Historical and Genealogical Register in addition to the traditional tomes. I am also focused on disambiguation and cleaning up confused profiles of this period on GENI and Werelate including gateway lineages. However, I no longer work on the PGM project for Wikitree because there is too much resistance to correcting outdated genealogies with current peer reviewed research. I've decided to focus on the other sites where current research is welcomed. I am also currently researching all the descendants of James Gardner Sampson 1768 – 1831 descendant of Mayflower passenger Henry Samson.
Aside from genetics and genealogy I enjoy photography, sailing, mountain climbing, trail running, biking, traveling and dancing. I also read history, archaeology, economics and various scientific books and journals for fun and I'm addicted to the online University classes on iTunesU. I also enjoy botany, ethnobotany, wildlife biology, biochemistry and astronomy. My musical tastes are idiosyncratic and includes opera, classical, flamenco, reggae, both western and non-western music and recently Sacha Nairobi and Luciana Mello. I also work on open source development projects such as Linux, FreeBSD and Apache.
All content I create on wikitree is copyrighted by me Roland Henry Baker, III. If I ever get locked out of Wikitree delete all data I have created and references to all DNA tests.
- Roland's formal name
- full middle name (H.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- private siblings' names
Roland is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- Writing biographies for revolutionary patriots
- I have a degree from UC Berkeley in genetics. Genetic genealogy is my specialty.
- Confirming or Deleting Lineages to PGM ancestors
- Paternal Grandmother's Surname
- Confirming or deleting linages to PGM ancestors
- I am currently adding sources to Mayflower lines
- I am adding biographies, footnotes and sources to PGM profiles and confirming or disconnecting parents, grandparents and children.
- Quakers of Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Islands
- Source citation best practivces.
Roland Baker's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Roland or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Roland Baker: Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 500 markers, haplogroup R-L664, Ysearch 97MV2, FTDNA kit #340616 + Y-Chromosome Test 500 markers, haplogroup L664, Ysearch 97MV2
- Dean Charles Baker : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 500 markers, haplogroup R-L664, Ysearch VW46W, FTDNA kit #421542
- Roland Baker: Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup J1c3, Mitosearch 97MV2, FTDNA kit #340616
- Roland Baker: AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A961190, Ancestry member Roland_H_Baker_III + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A961190, FTDNA kit #340616 + 23andMe, GEDMatch M907435
- Joan Chadbourne : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A457577, Ancestry member Roland_H_Baker_III + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A457577, FTDNA kit #B11314
- Margueritta Cattell : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A397112, Ancestry member MargueritaCattell
- Sivea Cattell : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A078844, Ancestry member Roland_H_Baker_III
- Kim (Murphy) Jones : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A506814, Ancestry member Roland_H_Baker_III + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A506814, FTDNA kit #B68985
- Susan Choate (Murphy) Fischer : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A393665, Ancestry member Roland_H_Baker_III + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A393665, FTDNA kit #B68873
- Susan Hope (Robinson) Fehsinger : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A729372, Ancestry member Roland_H_Baker_III + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A729372, FTDNA kit #B70978
- Carolyn Lyn (Hope) Prentice : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A358581, Ancestry member Roland_H_Baker_III + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A358581, FTDNA kit #B71954
- Barbara (Heath) Gottlock : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A130614, Ancestry member Roland_H_Baker_III + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A130614, FTDNA kit #B74463
- John Chandler Chad Adams : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #PRIVATE
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Roland. (Best for comments to Roland that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Roland that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 7 Jan 2017 at 02:22 GMT Matt Depew wrote:
Hello from across Wikitree (I manage a 'few' Depew profiles myself, and if you'd like, please subscribe to the "Depew" family edits on here).
I also figured I'd invite you to join 'The Depew Family' facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/289645541197719/ that I (and a few others on here) manage.
I've been working since early 2014 to try to link the Depew/DePew name to anyone earlier than about 1700, and also to see who all the cousins/sons/daughters are (there were a couple early generations of 11 kids each, but I am only of -one- of those links).
I hope this comment finds you well, and look forward to hopefully hearing back from you soon!
On 4 Jan 2017 at 23:57 GMT L Rodgers wrote:
I am much interested in this project.
On 6 Jul 2016 at 02:32 GMT Darlene (Scott) Kerr wrote:
On 20 May 2016 at 20:06 GMT Penny Griggs wrote:
On 19 May 2016 at 13:10 GMT Jillaine Smith wrote:
On 4 Apr 2016 at 10:34 GMT Jillaine Smith wrote:
On 15 Mar 2016 at 04:29 GMT Abby (Brown) Glann wrote:
On 23 Feb 2016 at 15:11 GMT Cheryl (Aldrich) Skordahl wrote:
Cheryl Skordahl (Aldrich-908)
On 18 Feb 2016 at 20:10 GMT Kitty (Cooper) Smith wrote:
There are category links to add to your ancestor's profiles and research links to learn more about your family. The Project is a good way to consolidate the WikiTree ancestors with historic connections to the years of 1773 (Boston Tea Party) to 1789 (ratification of the U.S. Constitution.) All patriot, loyalist, Hessians, French, Native Americans or any other profiles with a connection to these years should be linked to an appropriate category in the Project.
Please set your preferences for your Tags Followed to include 1776 Project and any other tag terms that you wish to follow on the GenealogistToGenealogist (G2G) feed: http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Special:FollowingSome categories have a template (SAR) to add at the top of a biography. If not, add a category link by putting the category name such as
On 14 Feb 2016 at 19:53 GMT Jim McAndrew Jr wrote:
I'm unable to find a reliable source for the marriage of John Scribner and Mary Hilton. An Ancestry.com source lists US New England marriages prior to 1700, but that source merely states Scribner married Mary (unknown). Thanks for your attention to detail and apologies for my lack thereof. Jim McAndrew 102