- Bolling Baker's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Applied for his Revolutionary Pension, 22 Oct 1832 Clay Co., KY aged 69. Bolling lived Wilkes Cty, NC at enlistment; his brother was George Baker of Morgan County, IN, formerly of Clay County, KY. He described five tours of duty. George Baker, testified in Morgan Co IN. He knows his brother Boling Baker was drafted in the year 1780 and was in the Battle of Gates Defeat. He served a three-months term in 1781, stationed at Salibury under command of Gen. Green. signed: George (+) Baker. 17 Sep 1832. R. P. Letcher stated he knew George Baker when he lived in Clay Co Ky and that he was a man of truth. Elisha Williamson Bowman, a clergyman, and William Morris, certified the deposition of Boling Baker. Abner Baker was clerk of the court. He is believe to be a different Baker family.
The Baker Family DNA projects have ruled out any possibility that his father is the son of Robert Baker. The descendants of the Rev. Andrew Baker, John Renta Baker, Bolling Baker, and Morris Baker all have matching Y-DNA. None of the descendants show any proof of Native American ancestry in their autosomal DNA.
There are no records that indicate that Andrew Baker was married to Mary Bolling. The deed and survey records for Andrew Baker show that his wife was Susannah..
- WikiTree profile Baker-3609 created through the import of Adamson for Wiki.ged on Jul 8, 2011 by Kay Haden. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Kay and others.
- Some Descendants of Andrew Baker http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~katy/baker/b14077.html#P14077
- BAKER Family Y-STR DNA study & Lineages viewable at http://www.bakerdna.net/
- My FamilyTree BAKER DNA Project Website - Y-DNA Colorized Chart viewable at https://www.familytreedna.com/public/baker/default.aspx?section=ycolorized
- "Kentucky, County Marriages, 1797-1954," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/V5ZC-2X3 : accessed 13 August 2016), Bolen Baker and Mary Rogers, 20 Mar 1798; citing Madison, Kentucky, United States, Madison County Courthouse, Richmond; FHL microfilm 183,304.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Bolling by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Ross Baker : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 12 markers, haplogroup I1, FTDNA kit #4039
- Hubert Baker : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 111 markers, haplogroup I-M253, FTDNA kit #9207
- Clyde Baker : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 25 markers, haplogroup I-M170, FTDNA kit #11908
- Karen Adamson : 23andMe, GEDMatch T802436 + AncestryDNA + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T802436, FTDNA kit #209716
- Creed Huff : 23andMe, GEDMatch M113426 + AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A062455
- Stacey (Harrison) Westervelt : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A323620, Ancestry member SMWestervelt4
- Jane Bryan : Family Tree DNA Family Finder
- Raymond Baker : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T771945, FTDNA kit #342134
- Ann Shear : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T024703, FTDNA kit #372489
- Stuart Haden : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T443415, FTDNA kit #38676
- Sherry Baker : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T537515, FTDNA kit #272003
- Clyde Baker : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #11908
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Bolling is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 14 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 18 degrees from Ayn Rand, 17 degrees from Peter Roberts and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.