[private sister (1940s - unknown)] and [private brother (1940s - unknown)]
[private daughter (1960s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 17 Oct 2019
| Created 26 May 2013 | Last significant change: 17 Oct 2019
This page has been accessed 3,168 times.
Challenge met! Carol Baldwin participated in the 2019 Spring Clean-a-Thon!
Carol Baldwin PhD, RN is participating with Sandringham Strollers during the 2019 Connect-a-Thon, and has added 129 profiles.
Carol Baldwin PhD, RN has completed the England Project's Orphan Trail.
Carol Baldwin PhD, RN participated with Sandringham Strollers during the 2019 Source-a-Thon, adding 112 sources to profiles.
- In 1976, I started making queries about my dad's family using paper, pen, envelopes, stamps and land lines (remember those) to contact record's offices, and so forth in MN, NY, and VT. In 1994, I was introduced to the computer, which made searches better (fast, less costly and time-consuming, almost instant gratification) and worse (incorrect information, numerous Baldwins, no documentation).
- I joined MyHeritage, Ancestry and, more recently, FTDNA. My brother and mother provided samples for 23andme and Ancestry. As I gathered more 'evidence' (birth, marriage, death, census records, deeds), I built trees on Ancestry. Cousins as avid about genealogy as I, led to a genealogy road trip to MA and VT in 2016.
- Meanwhile, I turned to FTDNA to have full sequence mtDNA (from me) and Y DNA (Y67 to Y111 to Big Y500 from my brother) done, set up a tree on FTDNA, and joined the 1) EIJGB England, Scotland, Wales Group, 2) European Royalty and American Patriots Group, 3) R R1b All Subclades, and 4) Baldwin, Green, Barber and Munson surname groups. These genetic genealogists located throughout the UK and the U.S. are extremely helpful in clarifying which Baldwins are linked genetically when primary and secondary resources are sometimes nebulous.
- My early origins are mid-Western. I did undergraduate work in nursing, communication, and family studies. I did graduate work in communication with a minor in family counseling. Most of my work in nursing was in hospice and palliative care, which reinforced my interest in family systems, connections and history. I moved to Arizona in 1984 for my graduate work and fell in love with our southwestern desert. I have a doctorate in psychology with a minor in family counseling and a master's degree in nursing. I taught psychology, counseling, nursing and communication courses in Arizona, Montana and East Asia (Korea and Okinawa for the US Military with the University of Maryland). I have done guest lectures in Mexico, Central and South America, Ireland and England. I have traveled to England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Germany, Poland and Austria for work and genealogy side trips. Whenever I travel, I try to pursue more 'original' sources, particularly in Great Britain. I am 'semi' retired (40 hours a week instead of 70) and am trying add to WikiTree. Connecting with genealogists, adding to family, and life-long learning are important to me.
- Paternal and maternal relationships are confirmed by a GEDmatch test match between Carol Baldwin and her brother. Their MRCAs are their parents Leverett Frederick Baldwin and his wife. Estimated number of generations to MRCA = 1.2, based on sharing 2761 cM across 43 segments.
- First-hand information. Entered by Carol M. Baldwin at registration.
Magna Carta Baron (MCB) Ancestors
Puritan Great Migration (PGM) Ancestors
Carol is a descendant of PGM migrants:
- Ezekiel Richardson & Susannah (Unknown) Richardson: 1630; Winthrops' Fleet
- David Fiske, Esq: 1637 & Seaborn (Wilson) Fiske: 1636
- Thomas Flagg & Marable (Unknown) Flagg: 1637
- John Carter, Sr & Elizabeth (Unknown) Carter: ca 1637
- Thomas Burnham: 1635; Angel Gabriel & Marie/Mary (Lawrence) Burnham: 1635; Mary & John
- Elizabeth (Swindells) Lynde-Green: 1620-1640
- Rose (Clark) Hills: 1620-1640
- Stephen Fosdick: 1635
- Henry Adams, Edith Rosamond (Squire) Adams & John Adams Sr: 1638; Mary & John
- Anne (Howe) Adams: 1620-1640
- John Bent, Martha (Blanchard) Bent & John Bent 1638: Confidence, & Agnes (Gosling) Bent: 1639; Jonathan
- Gregory Stone:, John Stone: ca. 1635 & Anne (Rogers) Stone: 1620-1640
- Thomas Barber Sr.: 1634/5; Christian & Jane (Unknown) Barber: 1620-1640
- William Phelps & Ann (Dover) Phelps: 1630; Mary & John
- Thomas Holcombe: 1633 & Elizabeth (Unknown) Eno-Holcombe: ca. 1630; Mary & John
- Thomas Bliss & Margaret (Hulings) Bliss: ca. 1636
- Samuel Chapin:, Cicely (Penny) Chapin:, & Catherine (Chapin) Bliss-Gilbert-Marshfield: ca. 1638
- Michael Humphrey: 1620-1640
- Matthew Grant, Priscilla (Unknown) Grant & Priscilla (Grant) Humphrey: 1630; Mary & John
- William Buel: 1620-1640
- John North Sr: 1635; Susan & Ellen
- Thomas Bird & daughter Mary (Bird) North: 1620-1640
- Thomas Newell:, Frances (Unknown) Newell:, & Samuel Thomas Newell Jr: ca. 1628
- Rebecca (Olmstead) Newell: 1632; Lyon
- John Baldwin: ca. 1636; Martin
- Nicholas Camp Sr: ca. 1639
- Thomas Welch: ca. 1637
- Thomas Buckingham & Hannah Buckingham: 1637; Hector, or Martin, or Dove
- Paul Peck Sr: 1620-1640 & Martha (Hale) Peck: ca. 1634
- John Baysey: 1620-1640
- Thomas Munson: ca. 1635 & Johanna (Unknown) Munson: 1620-1640
- Alice (Pritchard) Bradley: ca. 1636
- John Thompson & Dorothy (Unknown) Thompson: 1620-1640
- Samuel (Clarke) Clark Sr: ca. 1636
- William Tuttle, Elizabeth (Unknown) Tuttle & John Tuttle: 1635; Mary & John
- Jeremy Adams: ca. 1632 & Rebecca (Taylor) Adams: 1620-1640
"I place the U.S. profiles I manage into the caring hands of the Wikitree Administration and ask that any English profiles, including any of my UK ancestors, first be offered to the Leadership and Members of my beloved England Project team mates."
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Carol's formal name
- full middle name (M.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (1)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Carol Baldwin's full information you must be on Carol's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Carol is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- I have a number of ancestors who served in the the Military and War, including the Revolutionary War. My 4th GGF, Josiah Baldwin was an Artificer (skilled carpenter) at Fishkill, NY from 1778-1779. His three older brothers, Col. Jeduthan, Capt. Isaac, and Capt. Nahum also served. Isaac was killed at Bunker Hill. There are a number of other ancestors who also served and want to recognize them for their service.
- Would like to link/verify surnames with other G2G members and expand information on these links. I DO NOT want to upload my Ancestry file as doing this disrupts other links. I want to input all information, documents and photos by hand.
- Baldwin is my paternal surname and George is my maternal surname. My paternal line extends to England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Norman ancestry.
- I signed up with data doctors prior to my first Clean-a-thon with the Sandringham Strollers.
- I joined the England Group in early 2019 and worked with the Sandringham Strollers during the Spring CAT. Most of my PGM ancestors came from England and am learning more about sourcing using records from England.
- A number of ancestors descend from primarily English and French nobility.
- I interact with FTDNA genetic genealogists and oversee my brother's Y DNA (kit B135408)/R-M269 and my mtDNA (kit N142216)/H102 and would like to add information on wikitree where relevant.
- There are a number of Notables in our family and I enjoy recognizing others with their notable contributions.
- I have several paternal ancestors who arrived during the PGM. Please enjoy the listing under PGM in my profile.
- The Baldwins are cousins to a number of US Presidets (and wives of Presidents), including John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses Grant, and FDR.
- Began first sourcers challenge as of September 2019.
Carol Baldwin's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Carol or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Carol Baldwin:
Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup H102, FTDNA kit #N142216
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Carol:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Login to post a comment.