- William Bardolf's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
||William Bardolf is a member of royalty, nobility or aristocracy in the British Isles.|
Join: British Isles Royals and Aristocrats 742-1499 Project
William Bardolf, Knt., 4th Lord Bardolf, son and heir of Sir John Bardolf by Elizabeth Damory, daughter and heiress of Sir Roger Damory by Elizabeth, daughter of Sir Gilbert de Clare, Earl of Gloucester, married Agnes Poynings (or Ponynges), daughter of Michael de Poynings, Knt., 1st Lord Poynings, by his wife, Joan. Sir William and Agnes had two sons (Sir Thomas and Sir William) and two daughters (Elizabeth and Cecily). Sir William Bardolf died Jan. 29, 1385/6. His widow Agnes married shortly after April 10, 1386 (2) Thomas Mortimer, Knt., of Cavendish... (no issue).
- He married, after February 10, 1366, Agnes Poynings. They had 2 sons & 2 daughters:
- Sir Thomas, 5th Lord Bardolf
- Sir William
- Elizabeth, wife of Sir Robert, 5th Lord Scales and of Sir Henry Percy
- Cecily, wife of Sir Brian Stapleton
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 5 vols., ed. Kimball G. Everingham, (Salt Lake City, Utah: the author, 2013), Vol 1, p 254 BARDOLF #14
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 57.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 253-254.
- ↑ Some English Descendants of Malcome Canmore King Of the Scots RJCW 307. By Gregory Lauder-Frost F.S.A. (Scot) (lauderfrost@@btinternet.com)
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 513-514.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 421.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 572-573.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. V, p. 35-36.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 103-104.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson and Robin Wood. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
William is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 25 degrees from Ayn Rand, 22 degrees from Peter Roberts and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.