- Edith Barker's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Details obtained from family members, Edith was unmarried when she had Frank, uncertain if Edith Barker was her married or maiden name
Looking to find any further information on Edith Irene Barker, I think this is her maiden name as I have my father's birth certificate. I have been able to locate her on the 1911 Census in Lincolnshire, and in 1916 at Ecclesall Bierlow where she gave birth to my Father, Frank Brownlow Barker and also found that her siblings were in Sheffield in 1915 attending school. Since 1916 I have not been able to find any record of marriage, death or further births. I know that my Grandfather Frank Brownlow was the father and not listed on the birth certificate as they were not married, my grandfather married Amelia Whetton in the same year 1916. I have all the records on the Brownlow side but can get no further with Edith Barker I have gone through the siblings records and other trees to no avail - nothing seems to be know since 1916
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Edith's ancestors' mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.