Henry 's wife Catherine Listed on Henry's probate record in December of 1866 at Haywood County, NC that Henry died in October of 1864 and There is a book by Clark Medford written in 1961 called "Early History of Haywood County , NC" on page 139, it says Henry died in March or April of 1865 Killed by Either Kirk's men or Teague's men. So We do not know which date is more accurate for his death. He is the son of Mariah Barnes.
Marriage Record - June 28 1850-Haywood County NC Data Source: County Court Records at Waynesville, NC and FHL # 0418147 item 2
1850 Census https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M4BC-VV8
1860 Census https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MD6Z-8GD
1867 Probate Record https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KDGJ-6FF
Civil War Record - 29th Regiment Haywood County NC National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Carded Records Showing Military Service of Soldiers Who Fought in Confederate Organizations, compiled 1903 - 1927, documenting the period 1861 - 1865; Catalog ID: 586957; Record Group #: 109; Roll #: 352
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Henry by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Henry:
- Lauren Barnes : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A103727, FTDNA kit #B44610
- M. Barnes : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A138535, FTDNA kit #B70598
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 25 Jan 2017 at 16:48 GMT Hugh Barnes wrote:
On 23 Jan 2017 at 13:10 GMT Michael Stills wrote:
Henry is 24 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 20 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 25 degrees from Ayn Rand, 24 degrees from Peter Roberts and 23 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.