- Thomas Barnes's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Thomas married twice.
Jacobus lists the children of this marriage as:
- Mary, born November 21, 1679, married Samuel Bidwell of Middletown
- Sarah, born February 17, 1681, married Samuel Moulthrop and second Thomas Wilmot on May 24, 1721
- Thomas, born July 21, 1684, died young
- Thomas, born July 26, 1687, died 1750, married Mary Leek May 18, 1709.
- Thomas married in (Jacobus) or by (Torrey) 1690, as his second, to Abigail Frost, daughter of John and Mercy (Payne) Frost. She married as her 2nd, to Samuel Tuttle.
Jacobus lists their children as:
- Rebecca, born March 12, 1691, died January 31, 1728, married Samuel Towner January 25, 1716,
- Abigail, born June 10, 1693, baptized September 27, 1696, married Joshua Ray March 29, 1716,
- Elizabeth, born November 10, 1695, baptized December 6, 1696, died 1765, married John Beecher,
- Deborah, born February 1, 1698 [1698/9], baptized April 9, 1699; died October 2, 1750, married Josian Tuttle January 11, 1719/20, married second Matthias Hitchcock,
- Hannah, born May 31, 1702, married Stephen Brooks May 6, 1725,
- Samuel, born April 11, 1705, died July 21, 1762; married Hannah Parker January 1, 1729/30, married second Elizabeth Tuttle September 23, 1740, married third Dorcas Turner, married forth Phebe ____.
- Nathaniel, born January 11, 1707, died December 10, 1798, married Mary Russell, married second Abigail Hotchkiss, married third Abigail Holt, widows of John Howell, and
- Abraham, born 1710, died January 14, 1741/2, married Mary Hotchkiss Feburary 27, 1735 who married second Joseph Ives.
Thomas died in 1712.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Jacobus, Donald Lines, (1922) Families of Ancient New Haven, Volumes 1 & 2. New Haven Genealogical Magazine. Mount Carmel, CT: D.L. Jacobus, Archive.org Vol 1, pp. 115-116, 163. THOMAS, b 26 Aug 1653 NHV, d 1712; m (1) 26 June 1675 NHV---Mary Hubbard; m (2) 1690 Abigail da. John & Mercy (Payne) Frost, b 8 Oct 1670 NHV, d c. 1648; she m (2) Samuel Tuttle.
- Donald Lines Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, Vol 8. ([CD] Baltimore, Genealogical Publishing) (Vol 8, pp 1848, 1982).
- Donald Lines Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, Vol 3. ([CD] Baltimore, Genealogical Publishing) (Vol 3, p 631).
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Thomas by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Thomas:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Kay Wilson and Theodore Palmer. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 1 Jul 2015 at 20:06 GMT Teresa Martin wrote:
Thomas is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 11 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 22 degrees from Ayn Rand, 17 degrees from Peter Roberts and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.