- Hugh Barnes's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- As webmaster he promotes Barnes genealogy at https://CompetitiveStrategies.us
. Now available as bit.ly/BarnesFamily.
- Graduate of Appalachian State University.
- Former Chairman of the North Carolina Federation of College Republicans.
- Former Aide the Governor James E. Holshouser, Jr.
- First-hand information. Entered by Hugh Barnes at registration.
- Hugh's formal name
- full middle name (W.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- images (2)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (1)
Hugh is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- Keeping up
- My paternal line is Barnes. My immigrant arrived in PA from Ireland circa 1734. He, his spouse and all 8 of their children migrated to Orange Co., NC circa 1753. (See North Carolina tag to trace NC residency.) Most stayed in Wilkes some migrated to Kentucky, Indiana an Missouri.
- My paternal great grandmother was a Ferguson
- keeping up
- I like to keep with innovation
- My paternal 5th great grandmother was a Lindley
- My paternal great great grandmother was a McGee
- This is my mothers direct maternal line. My Grandmother said that Milstead's came on the Mayflower BUT there are none on the passenger list.
- My Barnes Irish immigrant with his family of eight children settled Orange Co. in 1753. As Regulators they protested against taxes imposed by the Royal Governor. Fearing reprisal they migrated to Indian Territory (Wilkes/Burke County) circa 1784.
- My maternal line is Oxford. We descend from immigrant John Oxford who at the age of 13 indentured himself on a plantation in VA. Later descendants migrated to NC. I am a member of the SAR based on the service of Patriot Samuel Oxford, Jr.
- My father's maternal line
- To see who is getting kudos
Hugh Barnes's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Hugh or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Hugh Barnes: Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup R-M269, FTDNA kit #439560
- Tim Barnes : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test, haplogroup R-M269, FTDNA kit #81370
- Hugh Barnes: 23andMe, GEDMatch M679760
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Hugh. (Best for comments to Hugh that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Hugh that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 11 Jan 2017 at 06:21 GMT Lauren Barnes wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 at 17:46 GMT Patrice Farmer wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 at 17:28 GMT Patrice Farmer wrote:
On 11 Oct 2016 at 19:59 GMT Connie (Daniels) Graves wrote:
On 6 Oct 2016 at 19:53 GMT Cynthia (Barnes) Marty wrote:
On 17 Aug 2016 at 11:02 GMT Maria Maxwell wrote:
I've added the UK project badge to your profile. If you click on the badge it will take you to the full list of our wonderful members. Click on United Kingdom Project will take you the first page of the project. Scroll down to the link to Member Interests List. I've added your good self . Can you add your Country/County of interest etc.
On 16 Aug 2016 at 23:31 GMT Joe Crain wrote:
On 15 Aug 2016 at 12:35 GMT James Barnes wrote:
On 14 Jun 2016 at 15:44 GMT Summer (Binkley) Orman wrote:
On 5 Jun 2016 at 15:14 GMT Kathleen McCord wrote: