- Charles Barnes's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
The biography for Charles Barnes is empty. What can you add?
- First-hand information. Entered by Charles Barnes at registration.
- Charles's formal name
- full middle name (M.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
Charles is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- Interested in the Barnes line that came from Ireland to North Carolina in the 1700's
- Interested in the ancestors and descendants of Stephen Marshall, 1802-1845
- Interested in the descendants of William Hardwick Middleham, 1823-1894
- Interested in the Shelkett family origins, and descendents from families in Indiana and Ohio
Charles Barnes's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Charles or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Charles Barnes: Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup I-M223, Ysearch 684PX, FTDNA kit #634317
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Charles. (Best for comments to Charles that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Charles that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 13 Feb 2016 at 20:21 GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
Congratulations, you've been a WikiTree member for a month! We're glad you're here. A few tips to help you dive in even deeper:
Check out Beyond the Basics of WikiTree for a guide on some of our more advanced features such as Projects, Categories, and Merging.
We're very active on our social sites and we have an excellent blog where you'll find our monthly newsletter as well as tips, interviews with our members and guest posts from others in the genealogy community.
As always, I'm here to help if you have any questions!
Guy ~ WikiTree Mentor
On 9 Feb 2016 at 18:40 GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
By signing the Honor Code you're telling the Wiki community you are a responsible Wiki genealogist.
Feel free to ask me via my profile page if you have any questions.
Have a nice journey on Wikitree,
Guy - Wikitree Mentor / Leader
On 30 Jan 2016 at 16:14 GMT Hugh Barnes wrote:
On 27 Jan 2016 at 16:26 GMT Dorothy Barry wrote:
Now that you have had a little time to try our site, there are a few more features you may find useful:
For instance, ideas on what to include in a profile can be found in Styles and Standards; including some tips on writing biographies
Also a friendly reminder about adding sources and references to your profile. Sources are critically important for genealogy and you will be helping future genealogists by listing where the information you've added came from. This page describes different kinds of sources: http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Sources Also: http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Most_Used_Links .
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
On 13 Jan 2016 at 19:29 GMT Laura (Marland) Harlow wrote:
You are now a member of WikiTree! Please help us build one Collaborative Global Family Tree, which means only one profile per person. It's important that no duplicates are created and profiles are properly sourced- if you have pre-1700's ancestors to add please read our Pre-1700 profiles info.
To help you get started, view this introductory WikiTree video.
For a list of Member benefits, see Community Members page.
Our Mentors are glad to answer questions, too.
On 13 Jan 2016 at 19:24 GMT Charles Barnes wrote:
On 13 Jan 2016 at 13:08 GMT Jess Wallace wrote:
I noticed you uploaded a GEDCOM. Here's a link to a great step-by-step of the process including screenshots that you might find helpful.
The help pages give lots of information about the process, best to start with 'Before you import a GEDCOM'.
On 13 Jan 2016 at 12:57 GMT Nancy Lee (Hill) Cousins wrote:
A very warm welcome as a guest to WikiTree! We're growing a FREE worldwide family tree, striving for ONE collaborative profile for every person.
A couple suggestions to get you started:
1. Feel free to ask a question at our G2G forum .
2. Our help pages, top right, have all sorts of useful information.
If you would like to contribute, click the volunteer button and leave a comment here on your profile to let our greeters know. You should include a little bit about how you plan to contribute to the tree.
Good luck growing your branches, and thanks for offering to help with our shared tree :) Lee, Wikitree Greeter :)