- William Batte Esq's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
||William Batte Esq came from Birstall, West Riding of Yorkshire, Yorkshire, England |
Join: United Kingdom Project
- William Batte, Esq., was baptized at St Peter's Church, Birstall, on 15 July 1632. He immigrated to Charles City County, Virginia with his father and family in 1649, when he was about seventeen years old. He married 1st before 5 Sept. 1655 Susan Aston, widow of [Lieut. Col.] Edward Major, and daughter of [Lieut. Col.] Walter Aston, Gent. They had no known issue. He removed to Isle of Wight County, Virginia, but soon returned to England. He married 2nd Elizabeth Horton, daughter of William Horton and they had three sons (William, John, and Gledhill) and three daughters (Elizabeth, Judith, and Martha).
- William Batte, Esq., was buried at Birstal, West Riding, Yorkshire, 7 Sept. 1673.
- William was born in 1632. He is the son of John Bates and Elizabeth Winston. He passed away in 1673. 
- Royal Ancestry by Douglas Richardson Vol. I page 181
- Royal Ancestry by Douglas Richardson Vol. II page 313
- Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, (2011), Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Royal Ancestry series, 2nd edition, 4 vols., ed. Kimball G. Everingham, (Salt Lake City, Utah: the author, 2011), volume III, page 123a.
- See also:
- WikiTree profile Bates-1444 created through the import of DeMarco-Gaffney Family Tree.ged on Jul 1, 2011 by Regina DeMarco. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Regina and others.
- ↑ "Birstall 1, 1558-1635" - Yorkshire Parish Registers, Vol 146 (Yorkshire Parish Register Section, Yorkshire Archaeological Society), available for purchase (accessed March 15, 2015)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families
- ↑ Entered by Travis Wagner, Apr 10, 2012
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 21 Jun 2015 at 15:49 GMT Jeanne (Lunn) Aloia wrote:
I will remove siblings that actually belong to Bates-40 and Elizabeth Unknown.
Does this work for you?
On 21 Jun 2015 at 03:20 GMT Jeanne (Lunn) Aloia wrote:
"My" John Bates born 1598 had turned out to be my brick wall. No proof of his parents although Mary Martine is still popping up as his mother.
I'll remove the inaccurate spouse, etc.
On 21 Jun 2015 at 01:23 GMT April (Dellinger) Dauenhauer wrote:
- Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, (2011), Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Royal Ancestry series, 2nd edition, 4 vols., ed. Kimball G. Everingham, (Salt Lake City, Utah: the author, 2011), vol I, page 62-63 and vol III, page 123.
|William Batte is their husband. William and Susan had no known issue.. William and Elizabeth Horton had William, John, Gledhill, Elizabeth, Judith and Martha, in England since William returned there about the time of his second marriage.
John Bates, father of this William, is different than Capt. John Batte, father of William Batte.
On 21 Jun 2015 at 00:43 GMT April (Dellinger) Dauenhauer wrote:
On 18 Mar 2015 at 23:47 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 13 Mar 2015 at 15:21 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 24 Nov 2014 at 08:25 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
William is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 23 degrees from Ayn Rand, 16 degrees from Peter Roberts and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.