Arrivée à Québec le 03/09/1673 à bord du vaisseau L'Espérance
200 livres de dot
Fille de feu Pierre et Marie Burelle de la paroisse Notre Dame de la ville de Rouen, 76000; Seine-Maritime; Haute Normandie.
Née vers 1652, décédée le 07/12/1718.
1 mariageBOURRET, Gilles, dit L'Epine Habitant
Fils de Jean et Marie Danouy de la paroisse St Georges de la ville de Rouelle; 61700; Orne; Basse Normandie .
Né vers 1642, décédé le 08/ 02/1726
Contrat Mariage le 09/09/1673(Duquet) à Bourg Royal à Charlesbourg
Ménage établi à Charlesbourg ,9 enfants
Marie Bellehache was born about 1652 in Notre-Dame parish of Rouen, Normandy, France. She was the daughter of Pierre Bellehache, and Marie Burelle. In 1673, she was chosen to be a Fille du Roi and was given a dowry of 200 livres. She soon found herself on the small ship, L 'Esperance which was only about 250 tones, loaded. It was owned by Sieur Allaire Antoine Henri and Suzanne and was under the command of Sieur Guillaume Basset. It left La Rochelle, France on July 11, 1673 with 51 Filles du Roi on board. It was a long crossing of 54 days and it finally arrived in Québec (City) on Sept. 3, 1673.
Once in the new world, no time was wasted in arranging marriages for the young women and by Sept. 9th. Marie had a contract to marry Giles Bourret dit L'Epine arranged by the notary, Duquet at Charlesbourg. Giles Bourret was the son of Jean Bourret, and Marie D'Auguay from the parish of St-Georges in the village of Rouelle, Normandy. Their marriage record has not been found, but they must have been married soon after and they established a home at Charlesbourg, which is just outside of Québec City. They had nine known children.
1. Marie Anne born Dec. 12, 1674, who married Ignace Leroux. She died August 12, 1735.
2. Marie was born about 1676.
3. Gilles was born about 1677.
4. Jeanne was born March 9, 1678 and married André Bernier. She died Sept. 10, 1747.
5. Francois was born June 10, 1683. He married first, Anne Paradis, then, Suzanne Proteau.
6. Marie Catherine was born March 28, 1686. She married first, Pierre Germain, then, Jean Girard. She died June 14, 1754.
7. Marie Anne was born Jan. 26, 1689. She married Jean Baptiste Proteau. She died Feb. 2, 1745.
8. An un-named child that was born and died in 1691, most likley still born or died at birth.
9. Antoinette was born about 1692.
The family is listed in the 1681 census living in the section of Charlesbourg called “Bourg Royal”. Gilles is recorded as 39 years old and Marie Bellehache, is listed at 29 years old. They have 3 children: Anne, 7 years old; Marie, 5 years old; Gilles, 3 years old. Jeanne, who was born in 1678 is not with them, so has possibly died. The couple has 4 horned animals and 10 arpents of land in value.
Marie died and was buried on Dec. 7, 1718 at Saint-Charles, Charlesbourg. Gilles died Feb. 8, 1726, also at Charlesbourg.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Marie by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA.
However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Marie: