- James Bennett's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Puritan Great Migration.
||James Bennett migrated to New England during the Puritan Great Migration (1620-1640).|
Join: Puritan Great Migration Project
James estimated year of birth in 1618.
Will of Thomas Wheeler of Fairfield, 1654, mentioned son-in-law James Bennett, and Mary, James, Thomas, and John Bennett, children of dau. Hannah. Will of Ann Wheeler, 1659, named dau. Hannah and grandchildren Sarah and Hannah Bennett.
- ↑ There is no source for his birth date, birth place or parents.
- ↑ The History of the Old Town of Derby, Connecticut, 1642-1880 by Samuel Orcutt, Springfield Printing Company, Springfield, Mass., 1880, p. 576. " ... of Fairfield, who came from Concord, Mass., in 1639." https://archive.org/stream/historyoldtownd00beargoog#page/n760/mode/1up/search/bennett
- ↑ Jacobus: vol 1, p 65.
- Jacobus, Donald Lines History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield (Genealogical Publishing Company, 1930) Vol. 1, Page 65: "Freeman at Concord, Mass., 1639; rem. to Fairfield 1644 ... Married Hannah Wheeler, dau. of Thomas."
- Orcutt, Samuel. The History of the Old Town of Derby, Connecticut, 1642-1880 (Springfield Printing Company, Springfield, Mass., 1880) Page 576: " ... of Fairfield, who came from Concord, Mass., in 1639."
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of James's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Rick Pierpont and Jack Wise. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
James is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 12 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 21 degrees from Ayn Rand, 19 degrees from Peter Roberts and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.