Richard Bernard, Gent. is the son of Richard Bernard, Esq. [3,5] buried 24 April 1613, and his wife, Elizabeth Woolhouse [3,5] born c 1572, died about 1613.
Richard Bernard, Gent. was christened on 12 March 1609 at of Turvey, Bedfordshire, England; Age 26 in 1634. [2,5] He and Dorothy Alwey obtained a marriage license on 12 December 1632 at of Shenley, Hertfordshire, England. [2,3,5] Richard Bernard, Gent. married Anne Corderoy, daughter of William Corderoy, Esq. and Bridget Goddard, on 25 November 1634 at St. Andrew-in-the-Wardrobe, London, Middlesex, England. They had 3 sons (Richard; Corderoy; & Francis) and 2 daughters (Anna, wife of Maj. John Smith; & Elizabeth). [2,3,4,5,6]
They immigrated to Virginia before 2 Jan. 1646/7 and settled in York County.  Richard Bernard, Gent. was buried before 3 April 1651 at Gloucester, Virginia. [2,3,5]
Dorothy Alwey b. c 1608, d. b 25 Nov 1634
Anne Corderoy b. 29 Apr 1609, d. c 25 Sep 1671
Anna Bernard+ b. c 1644, d. 14 Apr 1698 (wife of Maj John Smith)
Richard Bernard is double first cousin to Willliam Bernard who immigrated from England to Virginia about 22 years before Richard. Being a double first cousin is the same genetically as being a sibling. William and Richard have the same grandparents - all four of them, because their fathers, Richard Bernard and Francis Bernard, who were brothers, married the Woolhouse sisters, Elizabeth and Mary. 
1. [S6622] Unknown author, Plantagenet Ancestry of 17th Century Colonists, by David Faris, p. 21; The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, by F. L. Weis, 4th Ed., p. 57.
2. [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 103.
3. [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 187.
4. [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 460.
5. [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 345.
6. [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 400-401.
↑Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 187
↑Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Vol I, page 187
MCP 1 - Weis, Frederick Lewis, Th.D., The Magna Carta Sureties, 1215 (Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Baltimore, MD, 5th Edition - 1999)(Available at Amazon.com)
Richard is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from Joseph Broussard, 23 degrees from Helmut Jungschaffer and 11 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.