WikiTree profile Bicket-1 created through the import of O'Bryan Family tree.ged on Sep 6, 2011 by Tim Tropeck. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Tim and others.
Note N878Butler County Naturalizations
This is an index of naturalizations in Butler County, PA that occurred from 1800 through 1994.
For Copies, write to Glenna Walters, Prothonotary
Butler County Courthouse, P. O. Box 1208, Butler, PA 16003.
For at least the first 100 years plus, only the head of the family was naturalized and that covered everyone in the family, including married sons and their families.
1800 - 2000
BECKET Mathew 1829 1
History of Butler Co., Pennsylvania - 1883
Chapter 26 -- Clinton Township
Matthew BICKET settled on the farm where he now lives in 1835. His only son, Harvey, lives upon the place with him. Thomas BICKET came from Ireland to America in 1823, with his father, Matthew BICKET, his brother Thomas and his sisters, Henrietta and Margaret. The family first settled in Winfield Township, where Thomas resides. One sister is living -- Margaret CARUTHERS in Iowa. (The name is Margaret Struthers rather than Caruthers. She was in Illinois and not in Iowa. RJB).
History of Butler Co., Pennsylvania, 1895
Clinton Township, Chapter 37
The United Presbyterian Church of Clinton was organized April 20, 1845, as the Associated Reformed church, and incorporated December 7, 1863, under its present name. The elders were Matthew BICKETT, Joseph LOGAN and William HARVEY; the original members being William LOGAN and wife, Jane SEFTON, Mary A. COX, John McGAHEY and wife; Daniel BEERY, Minnamy QUINN and wife, John BROWNLOW and wife, Joseph BARTLEY, John DAVIS and wife, Joseph HARPER and wife, Matilda DAVIS, Margaret DAVIS, Levi LOGAN and wife, Joseph QUIGG and wife, James CARSON and wife, William HARVEY and wife. The signers to the petition asking that the society be incorporated were David LOGAN, Henry SEFTON, John ANDERSON, Stephen BREWER, James HAY, Robert TRIMBLE, J. W. MONKS, W. M. HAY, J. H. LOVE, D. S. McELWAIN, Joseph DAVIS, John BROWN, Obed SEFTON, W. H. BICKETT, Thompson LOVE, B. LOGAN, Thomas FRAZIER, David HAY, C. J. ANDERSON, S. H. MATHESON, S. M. LOVE and J. C. NORRI S. The trustees were Joseph LOGAN, Sr., John BROWN, Robert TRIMBLE, John A ANDERSON and Thomas FRAZIER.
The following pastors have served the church since its organization: Rev. Isaiah NIBLOCK from April, 1845, to June, 1854; Rev. John JAMISON, October, 1855, to October, 1859; Rev. W. R. HUTCHINSON, 1861 to 1873; Rev. J. M. IMBRIE, 1875 to 1877; Rev. S. B. STEWART, 1881 to 1887, and Rev. W. J. COOPER, the present pastor, who came in 1888. The 1845 a log house, twenty-two by twenty-five feet in size, was erected on land donated by James M. HAY. It was first furnished with split log seats, but with in a few years the pew was introduced. In 1854 a large frame building was erected at a cost of ,600. It is the present house of worship of the congregation, which numbers 120 members. The members of the session are Matthew BICKETT, Archibald MONTGOMERY, Robert TRIMBLE, Richard SMALLEY, Thomas A. HAY and J. B. MAHAN. The trustees are William LOGAN, Ross MAHAN, Thompson LOVE, William MONKS and Harvey BICKETT.