John's grandfather was "JEAN JACQUES BILBO: Jacques Bilbaud arrived in Virginia with his wife & son fleeing religious persecution. He was a Huguenot refugee. He came in 1700 on "Ye First Shippe" the Mary and Ann from England after departing Port des Barques, France. He was the founder of Manakintowne, Virginia, 1700 (later Mecklenburg, Virginia)
JEAN PETER BILBO (JOHN PETER2, JEAN JACQUES1) was born October 26, 1735 in Lunenburg County, Virginia, and died Abt. 1809 in Mecklenburg County, Virginia. He married (1) MARY WRIGHT NICHOLSON. She died 1825. He married (2) SUSANNAH ANN WALKER Bef. 1761, daughter of TANDY SR. and JUDITH LANGFORD. She was born 1744 in Lunenburg County, Virginia, and died 1786. He married (3) MARY CLEMONDS September 28, 1786 in Mecklenburg County, Virginia. She died Bef. 1807.
In 1765, John BILBO, who had apparently moved to Cumberland County, Virginia, sold to John HOBSON of Lunenburg County, Virginia, "... that parcel of land laid off agreeable to the last will and testament of John Peter BILBO ..." on Allen's Creek.
Bilbo John & Clemonds Mary Sep 28, 1786. The Marriag License Bonds of Mecklenberg County, Virginia from 1765 - 1810 Pages 1 - 4 The 26th 9ber, 1735, was born Jean Bilbo, son of Jean Pierre Bilbo and of Susane, his wife; he had for godfather, Jean Panetie and Isaac Dutoi; for godmother, Janne Janbon and Ester Lafuite; baptized the 18th March.
John died between February 1809 when he made his will and 8 May, 1809 when it was probated in Mecklenburg Co. He lived in the part of Lunenburg Co. that fell into Mecklenburg Co. when it was formed in 1765. John was a soldier in the Revolutionary War. His date of enlistment was 4 November, 1775, 1st South Carolina Regiment commanded by Col. C. Pinkney. He also donated beef and one smooth bore gun taken into service and not returned.
Children of JEAN BILBO and SUSANNAH WALKER are:
1. JUDITH BILBO, b. 1761, Henderson County, Kentucky.
2. SUSANNA BILBO, b. April 29, 1764, Virginia; d. August 06, 1787, Mecklenburg County, Virginia; m. EDMOND SHORT. Notes for SUSANNA BILBO: Short Edmund & Bilbo Susanna Apr 6, 1787. Witness, John Bilbo. The Marriag License Bonds of Mecklenberg County, Virginia from 1765 - 1810 Page 46
3. JOHN BILBO, b. October 07, 1766, Virginia; d. 1840, Lawrence County, Mississippi; m. LUCY PAINE, November 18, 1818, Warren County, North Carolina.
4. THOMAS BILBO, b. June 20, 1776, Lunenburg County, Virginia; d. September 20, 1846, Calcasieu Parish, Lousiana; m. ANNA MARIE LAWRENCE, July 12, 1804, Columbus, Mississippi Territory; b. April 07, 1788, Viriginia; d. 1870, Calcasieu Parish, Lousianna. Notes for THOMAS BILBO: Thomas is found in the Mississippi Territory in the early 1800's as a surveyor. During the year 1812 Jackson County was formed and the County seat was established at Thomas Bilbo's house.
Children of JEAN BILBO and MARY CLEMONDS are:
5. ALLEN MOSS BILBO, b. 1788; d. 1815; m. MARTHA FARRAR, December 15, 1810, Mecklenburg County, Virginia. Notes for ALLEN MOSS BILBO: Bilbo Allen Moss & Farrar Martha December 15 1810
6. WILLIAM RAY BILBO, b. 1790, Virginia; d. 1846, Mississippi; m. CHARLOTTE RYAN
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
Prior to import, this record was last changed 07:36:58 19 MAR 2010.
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
On 29 Jun 2015 at 07:19 GMT Leigh (Hoolihan) Murrin wrote:
On 9 Mar 2015 at 00:39 GMT Allan Thomas wrote:
John Jean is 22 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 22 degrees from Cindy Lesure, 21 degrees from Bonnie Thornton and 21 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.