- Joe Bissett Jr.'s Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: DNA Project.
This person was created through the import of bissett.ged on 11 October 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Alias: Joe Bissett
- Height: 6 ft. 1 in.
- Weight: 185 lb. 0 oz.
- Note: @H19@
Joe Bissett (#154941)has tested his DNA on Family Tree DNA. He is matched as a certain cousin of Mr. Alexander Macgregor Bisset (#169315) of Aberdeen, Scotland. A third person who has tested is currently receiving his results - Mr Anthony Michael Bisset (#185922). Eleven out of the first 12 markers match Alexander and myself; however, the mutated marker is different for each of us. In both cases, the mutated markers are identified as frequently changing. Two other markers are mutated at distance one, for a total of 3 markers for me, and three markers for Alexander. Never-the-less, Anthony Michael is a 99% probability for having descended at some point in the distant past from the same male Bisset as Alexader and myself.
Take a look at this BISSETT DNA results page to see if you are matched. If not, you should be considering testing.
- Joe's formal name
- full middle name (F.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (18)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (4)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Joe is a Wiki Genealogist following these tags:
- Y-DNA test confirms lineage in Aberdeenshire back to William Bisset 1763 in Fintray. 5 cousins have been confirmed, including the branch of William H. Bisset, 1830, older brother of m ggf James H. Bisset, 1835.
- Name spelling for my American Bissett line was changed during the life of my gf Francis (Frank) Charles Bisset(t) while living in Brooklyn, Kings County, NY during the 1920s.
- Helen Melvina Bradford is my paternal ggm, married to James H. Bisset in Huntington, Quebec in 1859.
- Surname of my maternal great grandmother.
Joe Bissett's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Joe or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Joe Bissett: Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup E-M123, Ysearch QTQEB, FTDNA kit #154941
- Joe Bissett: Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T590515, FTDNA kit #154941
- Andi (Bissett) Dinmore : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T270923, FTDNA kit #532121
- Debbie (Bissett) Willert : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T877397, FTDNA kit #159602
- Kenneth Bissett : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T523886, FTDNA kit #424892
- Cathy (Bissett) Schrock : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T268279, FTDNA kit #360480
- Peter Bissett : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T344491, FTDNA kit #147450
- Phil Bissett : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T091330, FTDNA kit #404931
- Gillian Piggott : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T973919, FTDNA kit #237710
- Coll O'Shea : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A234838, FTDNA kit #B104854
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Joe. (Best for comments to Joe that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Joe that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 2 Feb 2017 at 16:33 GMT Carole (Chittem) Johnson wrote:
We should easily sort out those Bowrons between all of us now.
Kindest regards, Carole
On 18 Jul 2016 at 05:09 GMT Kay (Johnson) Wilson wrote:
It looks like your yDNA test information is now displayed on your direct male line. When you mark relationships on WikiTree, 'confirmed with DNA' there are additional steps you should take to document those connections. Please explain on each profile for each of the relationships ‘confirmed with DNA’ how you used DNA to confirm that relationship. Here is an explanation of how to do that: http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/DNA_Confirmation Thanks!
On 20 Jun 2015 at 12:45 GMT Keith Hathaway wrote:
I'd like to invite you to join in the "Weekend Chat" on G2G Today!
Share personal successes, stories about ancestors, tips, projects you are working on, or anything esle you wish.
New members stop in and say Hello, introduce yourself, share your story, or ask for help.
Pilots, Mentors, and Leaders of all kinds please add something... your advice is always greatly appreciated.
Hope to see you there!
On 25 Nov 2014 at 05:47 GMT Alison Andrus wrote:
For instructions on how to get started and suggestions for getting the most out of your study, see: One Name Study
On 19 Nov 2014 at 20:16 GMT Peter Roberts wrote:
Thanks and sincerely, Peter
On 21 Jul 2014 at 10:38 GMT William Knox wrote:
On 17 Oct 2010 at 14:29 GMT Crystal McCann wrote:
Crystal Williams - WikiTree Community Assistant