Looking for my so far elusive ancestors!!!!
Looking to further my father's biological paternal lineage. His biological father's surname is Thomson/Thompson.
My father John, has had both a YDNA test and a family finder test with Family Tree DNA. It is a challenge to complete a family tree when you are unsure as to who you are looking for.
I am also looking to find my Irish/English/ Scottish/ Australian ancestors. In particular I am looking for others who share the same ancestors. My list of difficult to trace ancestors include: ARMSTRONG, HOLT, GLEESON, KEANE, (KEEN or KEAN) and MARTIN ancestors.
Most mysterious are my Holt ancestors - according to the death and marriage certificates that I have seen Thomas Holt and Anne Martin married on the 25 April 1841 at Summer Hill, County Meath, Ireland. Sometime later they arrived in Victoria, Australia and had 10 Children. Thomas died young having been ridden accidentally against a tree in 1873. He died at Wareek, Timor, Victoria, Australia. Ann nee Martin Holt died in 1899 in Timor Township, Victoria, Australia. The town no longer exists.
Any hints,suggestions, leads would be very gratefully received.
- Rose's formal name
- full middle name (N.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (2)
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
- spouse's name and marriage information
- autosomal DNA test connections
Rose is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- Interested the Boys families of Kent
- Looking for other French Durand families.....
- Looking for other Irish Keane families
- Interested in connecting with anyone else looking into the Kelt family of Scotland and New Zealand.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Rose. (Best for comments to Rose that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Rose that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 21 Oct 2017 at 08:02 GMT John Andrewartha wrote:
I was having a look at [TAGS] - and it seems the [ANZAC] one you use , should be [ANZACS] - ie: plural - - you will need to add an (s) to the category: on your  page = ANZACS Genealogists = cheers - john.a
On 29 Jan 2016 at 05:08 GMT Michelle Couey wrote:
On 24 Jan 2016 at 11:32 GMT Dana Loomis wrote:
On 10 Jan 2016 at 10:14 GMT Janine Murphy wrote:
On 7 Jan 2016 at 08:51 GMT Daniel Birchall wrote:
On 31 Dec 2015 at 10:08 GMT Rose Boddy wrote:
If you have any brick walls, collaboration might help bust through. Because WikiTree has only one profile for each person, the further back you go in your ancestry, the more likely cousins will find you and help out. ANY Wiki Genealogist can edit "Open" profiles (over 200 years old = open). There's also a brickwall tag in the G2G forum: brickwall
The help pages give lots of information about the process, best to start with 'Before you import a GEDCOM'.
On 27 Dec 2015 at 08:25 GMT Rose Boddy wrote:
1. Our Honor Code is a very important part of why our community is such a friendly place to grow your family tree so please take some time to read it.
2. Feel free to ask a question at our G2G forum. Our help pages, menu top right -very useful information.
3. Check out the Family Tree & Tools tab at the top of your profile!
On 4 Sep 2015 at 21:49 GMT Brennon McGuire wrote:
On 31 Aug 2015 at 03:38 GMT Robin Lee wrote:
On 31 Aug 2015 at 03:05 GMT Helen (Bownes) Airey wrote: