Taken from Alvah Bogart's diary:- "I bargained with John Hicks to work for me from this time, Dec. 23, 1874 until April I, 1875, for $20.00. I went to Kingston with a load of hoops for James Buley and Cornelius Cudney. (It was at this time that every farmer shaved barrel hoops in his spare time.) Bought of Jacob Lockwood a lot of pine trees for which I paid him $20.00. They were to remain standing during the winter. For the peeling of seven cords of bark for the tanneries, I paid Hicks $2.00 a cord. "The diary gives a day by day account of a trip to Michigan and Illinois to visit his brother, Hiram Bogart, and other people who had moved to the middle West - Vera Sickler
Supervisor, Town of Olive 1891
- Add sources here.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Alvah by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Alvah:
- Eric Winchell : 23andMe, GEDMatch M171003
- Bruce Winchell : 23andMe, GEDMatch M752225
- Carleton Deming : 23andMe, GEDMatch M130238
- Andrea (Horn) Tonole : 23andMe
- Carol Winchell : 23andMe
- Donna Winchell : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A328352
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Alvah is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 15 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 25 degrees from Ayn Rand, 19 degrees from Peter Roberts and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.