- Amariah Bonham's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Name: Amariah /Bonham/
Note: according to sam'l bonham, (p.27), amariah married mary drake, d/o frances drake. this is also verified by howard e. bonham of fl. (see letter dated december 1987.) hazie lists amariah's wife as mary bebout. (hazie p.30.) this conclusion could have resulted from the fact that christine molleston, mary drake's mother, married peter beboit. hazie and albert bonham of pomono, ca. name an elizabeth ? as a 2nd wife. (see p.85 of sam'l bonham bk).
- howard bonham in "bonham & related families" lists wife #1 as eunice king; wife #2 as mary drake, & wife #3 as elizabeth addy.(p.157)
- amariah was born in nj in 1709.
- he moved to wash. co, pa in 1743.
- tax rolls show him alone in loudoun co, va. in 1765.
- in pa census in 1780.
- in pa census in 1790.
- d.1803 in washington co, pa.
- Source of birth & death records: 
- Source of birth & death records: 
- Howard Bonham gives birth as 1708, place: Middlesex Co, NJ
- "Amariah, probably born about1707, at one time lived at Amwell, in Hunterdon County, sold his land there in 1742 and went to live at Piscataway.
- "Amariah Bonham was one of the original members of the Baptist Church at Scotch Plains, Aug. 5, 1747." He was later dismissed & is so marked on the roll. Eunice Bonham, also a charter member & perhaps wife of above, died Feb. 5, 1758/9. Mary Bonham, possibly a 2nd wife, joined the church in 1749 & is marked dismissed on the roll." "The Scotch Plains Baptist Church was constituted Sept 8, 1747 by 15 members from the Piscataqua Church."  Among the names of persons that the estate of John King of Piscataway owes in August, 1749,
- Amariah Bonham is mentioned."
- 1) "Amariah Bonham, b ca 1708, Piscataway, Middlesex Co., NJ; m (1) Eunice King; m (2) Mary Drake; continued p. 157".
- "Amariah and (1) wife Eunice (King) Bonham had: 
- Christiana/Christine Bonham
- Jeriah Bonham
- Peter Bonham
- Rebecca Bonham
- Sarah Bonham
- Will: amariah bonham, written january 27, 1802. probated, april 1803. peter bonham of allegheny co & phillip luallen of wash co, jonathan, isaac & rebecca leet middle twp, wife elizh, children: christian fore, rebeca johnston, jacob, jeriah, peter, sarah & baty.
- judy de graf writes: "i have a copy of genevieve hawk's the family of amariah bonham in n.j., va., md., pa. and oh." 
- indenture made june 22, 1774 btw. francis lightfoot lee & amariah bonham. lee leased to bonham "all a tract in the parish of cameron in the county of loudoun....200 acres beginning at a road leading to lane's mill... to have and to hold the said tract amariah bonham, his heirs & assigns for & during the natural lives of peter bonham, john bonham & chas. fox & during the natural life of every or either of them longest living...yielding & paying therefore yearly unto lee & issue the sum of 12 lbs sterling money of great britain beginning the 1st of dec. 1775....... 
- also - she states: "sometime, probably shortly after 1791, when he sold his loudoun co. land, amariah bonham & his sons jeriah & peter took up "settlers lots" in md. "westward of ft. cumberland." he gave them up, however, in 1796, & in the census of 1800 he is recorded as living in washington co., pa., alone. 2 yrs. later he made his will, naming a wife, elizabeth, & the following children: christian fox, rebecca johnson, jacob bonham, jeriah bonham, peter bonham, & sarah batey."
- "the general assembly of md. in 1777 passed an act giving each soldier, in a call for 2000 men, 50 acres of land, who had served 3 yrs. in 1781 another act was passed, reserving all the vacant lands in the state westward of "fort cumberland" for the soldiers. In pursuance of these enactments, in 1787 francis dicken & his 10 assistants laid off 4,165 50-acre lots. the commissioned officers were awarded each four 50-acre lots of land; the private soldiers received only 1 lot. the records show that 212 officers were awarded 4 lots each under the laws, 848 lots in all."
- Bonham, Amariah -
- Bonham, Josiah -
- Bonham, Lt Michael -
- Bonham, Peter -
- amariah bonham b.1709 maidenhead, hunterdon, nj, d.1803 washington, pa
- christine bonham b.1733 hunterdon co, n.j.
- rebecca bonham b.1735 ohio co., w.v.
- sarah bonham b.1737 ohio co., w.v.
- peter bonham b.1739 ohio co., w.v.
- jeriah bonham b.1741 ohio co., w.v.
- jacob bonham b.@@1743 sandusky, crawford, ohio
- d. june 9, 1782 n.j. 
- Source: S42 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.; Repository: #R2 NOTEThis information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created.
- Repository: R2 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com E-Mail Address: Phone Number:
- ↑ Source: #S42 Page: Ancestry Family Tree
- ↑ Jack D. Ross, Berthoud CO
- ↑ Savage, Vol 2 DICTIONARY OF FIRST SETTLERS OF N.E.
- ↑ BONHAM by John H. Bonham on page 407
- ↑ Quote from Genealogical Collections
- ↑ New Jersey Archives, Vol. XXII
- ↑ Howard Bonham's book (pg. 80, 6i.)
- ↑ p.157
- ↑ washington, d.c. 1945. under records of amariah bonham - 1774 deed.
- ↑ loudoun co., va. bk. m, p. 21.
- ↑ source: http://members.tripod.com/withers4/8th_gen1.htm#jacob
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Amariah by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Amariah:
- Robert Randolph : 23andMe, GEDMatch M773605
- Robert Teeter : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member rgteeter1
- Wilma Stark : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A661819, Ancestry member tonlcaud1
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Walter Mcintosh and Robert Teeter. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Amariah is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 22 degrees from Bob Dylan, 17 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 17 degrees from Michael Phelps and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.