- Samuel Boone's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Samuel Boone was born near Chalfont, New Britain Twp, Bucks Co., PA, to Squire Boone & Sarah Morgan. For his siblings: See the grave of Edward Boone.
- Samuel was a Revolutionary War soldier who married Sarah Day in PA or NC before 1758.
- He died near Athens, Fayette Co., KY, at the age of 80; his body was interred 1816 at this historical site (Boone's Station Farm).
- He died near Athens, KY.
- Family links:
- Squire Boone (1696 - 1765)
- Sarah Jarman Morgan Boone (1700 - 1777)
- Sarah Day Boone (1734 - 1819)*
- Thomas Boone (____ - 1782)*
- Elizabeth Boone White (1752 - 1832)*
- Squire Boone (1760 - 1817)*
- Sarah Boone Montgomery (1763 - 1848)*
- Mary Polly Boone Bradley (1766 - 1851)*
- Boone Station Historical Site (Athens-Lexington)
- Fayette County
- Kentucky, USA
- Created by: Alice Huitt Preston
- Record added: Jan 25, 2004
- Find A Grave Memorial# 8319146
- Record ID Number: MH:N582
- PRIN MH:I1844
Thank you to Terry Duncan for creating WikiTree profile Boone-1421 through the import of TDuncan.ged on Jul 11, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Terry and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Samuel by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Samuel:
- Charlene Kroll : 23andMe, GEDMatch M075935 + AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A750174, Ancestry member KROLLPRATT
- Vaneta Williams : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A230476, Ancestry member vharvey59
- Marylu (Otis) Taylor : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member Marylu_Taylor
- Eugene Otis : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member Marylu_Taylor
- Bryan Otis : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A883570, Ancestry member Marylu_Taylor
- j Bell : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member JB
- Emma Ruth (Ware) Spaulding : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member Baberws
- Bill Ware : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member Baberws
- Tina (Gragg) Flanagan : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member tinaFlanagan2004
- Marian Franklin : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F216781, FTDNA kit #216781
- L. Franklin : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F114459, FTDNA kit #114459
- Linda Maxwell : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #425830
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Herbert Wolfe, Andrew Robertson, Anonymous Anonymous, David Moore, and Michael Turner. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 16 Oct 2014 at 01:32 GMT Anne B wrote:
Also regarding Elizabeth Boone-1423, attached here as child: Does she belong?
On 21 Jan 2014 at 22:02 GMT Robin Lee wrote:
On 20 Dec 2011 at 01:20 GMT Marie (Ward) Mills wrote:
Fayette Co, KY alt 1816 SPRAKER p58-60, “Samuel Boone was one of the first of Squire Boone’s children to marry, although it is not know whether the marriage occurred in Pennsylvania or North Carolina. It is said Sarah (Day) Boone was a young Quakeress of education who taught her young brother-in-law Daniel Boone to read and write. Sarah b 1730 Exeter, Berks Co, PA d 1819 at home of her son-in-law Leonard Bradley in MO.” See also ROCKENFIELD p382-388 Includes desc and p695 #35 regarding Samuel.
Samuel is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 24 degrees from Bob Dylan, 17 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 21 degrees from Michael Phelps and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.