- William Boreman's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Claydon, Oxfordshire.
- William Boreman
- Birth: 1535, Claydon, Oxfordshire, England
- Death: abt. 8 Jan 1612/13, Claydon, Oxfordshire, England
- Burial: 10 Jan 1612/13, Claydon Church Cemetery, Claydon, Oxfordshire, England
- Spouse: Annis Boreman
Family & Will
- William Boreman, grandfather of Thomas Boardman of Ipswich, MA. was of Claydon, England, but his sons Nicholas, William and Christopher do not appear in the Claydon Register, and probably settled elsewhere. His inventory taken on the day of his burial, indicates that he was in comfortable circumstances in life, with an estate somewhat larger than his father's and his occupation seems to have been exclusively husbandry.
- William Sanderson, whose name appears as a witness to his will, and to four other of later dates, was doubtless the Curate of Claydon, and the writer of the wills he signs as witness. These dates from 1593 to 1631 showing that he was minister of the parish for at least 3 years. His predecessor was probably Christopher Polley or Poley, witness to the will of the first Thomas Boreman in 1576, who signs himself, "Curate and writer herof." It is quite possible that the various Christopher Boremans were namesakes of the old Curate. William Boreman's will is:
- "In the name of God Amen the xii daye of December 1610 I William Borman of Cleydon in the Countie of Oxford, husbandman sicke in bodye but of prfecte minde & memorye, thanks be given unto Allmightie God, do ordayne & make this my last will & testament in maner & forme following. First I bequeath my soule unto Allmightie God my maker & redemer by whose merritts deathe & passion I trust to be saved & by no other meanes & my body to be buried in the church or church yard of Cleydon at the will of my executors. And as concerning my worldly goods I gyve & bequeath them in manner & fourme following. First I gyve & bequeath to the repayre of the church in Cleydon thre shillings & foure pence. Itm I give to these poore men herein named vid. a pece that is to saye to William Dun, William Wadye, John Kylbe, John Francklyn, John Clyfford, Christopher Homes, Thomas Bowler, & Leonard Bradford, to Annis Stockly, Francys Shakerly & Alice Grenewood ijd a pece. Itm I gyve to evrye of my god children hereunder named vid. a pece that is to say to William Pratt, William Ellys, John Edmonds, William Claridge, John Poley, Elizabeth Nichols & hester Gyldinge & to William Borman my Godson one shepe. Item my will is & uppon condicon that Thomas Boreman my sonne do prmitt & suffer my executorr in this my will named to have take & enjoye all & singular my moveable goods chattels & cattell which I now have in my possession in that part of my Tenement wherein I & my sayd sonne Thomas do dwell, then my will is these condicons beinge pformed I do gyve unto my sayd sonne Thomas Borman these pcells of goods following that is to saye the Cubberd the Table the male myll the furnace the Doo kevers the yeelinge fatt & meshinge Iome & the greate (s) pitt which be in his use & possession & also I gyve & bequeath unto my said son Thomas Borman his children the fyve poundes which he oweth me to be equally divided among them & also I gyve to his wyffe one payre of Sheetes & Xs. Item I gyve to my sonne Nicholas Borman three poundes ten shillings a cowe a payre of sheets & the brewing kettle & the presse. I give unto Christopher Borman my sonne xxs. I give unto William
- Borman my sonne xxs. I give unto Annis Clarridge my daughter two shepe & one payre of sheets & xxs. I gyve unto Alice Browne my daughter one cowe & xxs. I give unto Jone Heynes my daughter two sheepe & one payre of sheets alsi I gyve unto my daughter Heynes her children equally to be divided amongst them xxs. I gyve unto Annys Blackwell my servante one sheepe. The rest of all & singular my goods Chattels Cattells money plate armor & weapons I gyve & bequeathe unto John Borman my sonne whome I ordayne & make my sole & onely executor of this my last will & Testament revoking all former wills by me made in witness hereof I have here signed this with my mark the daye and yeare fyrst above written
- Witnesses Charles Hatten, Proved April 13, 1613
- William Sanderson
- Source: S-2009482853 Repository: #R-2009482618 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.; Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. * Repository: R-2009482618 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com
- ↑ Source: #S-2009482853 Ancestry Family Trees; Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=15949597&pid=400922933
- ↑ Could not clearly interpret date in Death Date (ABT 8 JAN 1612/13)
- ↑ Note: @NI02788@ NI02788
- WikiTree profile Boreman-100 created through the import of Ancestors of PBHowe.ged on Jun 6, 2011 by Buck Howe.
- Thank you to David McAvity for creating WikiTree profile Boardman-416 through the import of boardman.GED on Feb 7, 2013.
- Thank you to David McAvity for creating WikiTree profile Boardman-469 through the import of boardman-descend.GED on Feb 7, 2013.
- Thank you to Lorne Fox for creating WikiTree profile Boreman-147 through the import of fox emmons 11.ged on Jan 24, 2013.
- WikiTree profile Boreman-116 created through the import of Putnam2-1_2010-01-02_2011-02-16_2011-10-11.ged on Oct 12, 2011 by John Putnam.
- ID: E921665D-5CA4-4848-ACA3-C5C040507E77
- ID Number: MH:IF2740
Record ID Number
- ID Number: MH:I1806
- ID: A99F7881-DC35-4EC1-B0C6-3318E9E9DC01
- 01 DEC 2012 21:20:01 GMT-5
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: John Putnam, David McAvity, and Lorne Fox. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
William is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 15 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 25 degrees from Ayn Rand, 20 degrees from Peter Roberts and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.