- Petrus Botha's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: The Dutch Cape Colony 1652-1806.
|Petrus Botha was part of the settlement of the Dutch Cape Colony.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Cape of Good Hope - Kaap de Goede Hoop (1652-1806) Project!
- Date: 10 Jun 1731
- Referred to as Petrus (Pieter) Botha in the marriage record of his daugther Catharina.
- 21 aug 1749 Petrus Botha van Swellendam en Catharina Maria Potgieter d.v Hans Jurgen Potgieter (b. 16.7.1690) en Cornelia Botha
- : Petrus Botha passed away in 1787.
- WikiTree profile Botha-407 created through the import of My Family.Pretorius.Van_Wyk.DeWaal.Potgieter.2011.ged on Sep 19, 2011 by Judy Potgieter.
- WikiTree profile Botha-1328 on 26 Dec 13 by Mary Rudd.
- Alta Bekker, Monday, June 2, 2014.
- ↑ First-hand information as remembered by Hennie Snyman, Monday, August 11, 2014. Replace this citation if there is another source.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Entered by Mary Rudd, Thursday, December 26, 2013.
- ↑ Alta Bekker, Monday, June 2, 2014.
- ↑ Sep 19, 2011 Judy Potgieter.
- ↑ Source: Genealogies of Old Cape Families, by C.C.de Villiers, revised, augmented and rewritten by C.Pama, A.A.Balkema, Cape Town, 1966. The original edition of 1894, compiled by G.M. Theal from the work of C.C. de Villiers Vol 3 P 727 – Potgieter p59, Vol 1 B 50 – Botha p98 . Added by Alta Bekker Sept 1, 2015.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Petrus by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Petrus:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Philip van der Walt, Sanet Tose, Alta Bekker, Mary Rudd, and Hennie Snyman. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 19 Feb 2015 at 05:49 GMT Esmé (Pieterse) van der Westhuizen wrote:
On 3 Jun 2014 at 18:24 GMT Philip van der Walt wrote:
On 3 Jun 2014 at 04:07 GMT Mary (Pistorius) Rudd wrote:
On 2 Jun 2014 at 07:04 GMT Alta (Bannink) Bekker wrote:
On 2 Jun 2014 at 06:32 GMT Alta (Bannink) Bekker wrote:
Petrus is 28 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 34 degrees from Bob Dylan, 32 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 31 degrees from Michael Phelps and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.