Father Reginald I, Count of Burgundy & Macon b. c 990, d. 3 Sep 1057
Mother Alisia of Normandy b. c 1003, d. a 7 Jul 1037
Guillaume II 'the Great', Comte de Franche Comte, Burgundy, Macon, & Vienne, Lord of Salms was born circa 1024 at of Burgundy, France. He married Stephanie de Longwy, daughter of Adalbert III, Count of Longwy and Clemence de Foix, between 1049 and 1057. Guillaume II 'the Great', Comte de Franche Comte, Burgundy, Macon, & Vienne, Lord of Salms died on 11 November 1087.
- Stephanie de Longwy d. 30 Jun 1109
- Stephen, Count of Burgundy, Vienne, Macon d. 27 May 1102
- Clemence of Burgundy d. c 1133
- Guy (Pope Calixtus II) of Burgundy d. 13 Nov 1124
- Rainald II, Comte de Macon, Graf von Burgundy+8 d. 1097
- Ermentrude of Burgundy b. c 1060, d. a 8 Mar 1105
- Maud/Sibylle de Burgundy b. c 1062, d. a 1103
- Etiennette of Burgundy b. c 1062, d. c 1121
Raymond II, Count of Burgundy, Galicia, Coimbra, Amous, & Castile, Governor of Toledo b. c 1070, d. 26 Mar 1107
- Gisela of Burgundy b. 1070, d. a 1133
- ↑ Lineage and Ancestry of HRH Prince Charles by Gerald Paget, Vol. I, p. 63.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 144.
- ↑ Middle & Far East Families, Burgundy.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 19-20.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Guillaume I's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Darrell Parker, Jeff Johnson, and Carlos Raúl Molina. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 30 May 2012 at 01:42 GMT Lindsay (Stough) Coleman wrote:
Guillaume I is 26 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 41 degrees from Charlotte Brontë, 27 degrees from Bob Keniston, 30 degrees from Ben Kingsley and 24 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.