Capt. Isaac Hite Bowman (son of George Bowman and Mary Hite) born April 24, 1757 at Ft Bowman Estate, Frederick County, Virginia. He married first 'Elizabeth Gatewood about 1782, with whom he had four children. After her death eight years later, he married second Mary Chinn and had another nine additional children. He died September 9, 1826 in Strasburg, Frederick County, Virginia.
He settled down at Fort Bowman estate and became a prosperous farmer and landowner. In 1812 or 1813, he constructed a large brick mansion he called Mount Pleasant on the family estate where he lived with his family until his death on September 9, 1826. The house was located on the high bank above Cedar Creek, two miles (3 km) northeast of Strasburg and within half a mile of his birthplace at Ft Bowman built by his father in 1753.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Isaac Bowman. (n.d.). Retrieved October 16, 2016, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Bowman. (See references section, also.)
- ↑ By MR. William Harrison, in nine days from Fort Pitt, we. (n.d.). Merckle Genealogy. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- ↑ By MR. William Harrison, in nine days from Fort Pitt, we have. (n.d.). Hite Genealogy. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- ↑ "Find A Grave Index," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/QV2Z-1KLQ : 13 December 2015), Isaac Hite Bowman, 1826; Burial, Strasburg, Shenandoah, Virginia, United States of America, Bowman Graveyard; citing record ID 61766788, Find a Grave, http://www.findagrave.com.
- Ancestry Family Trees Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=22265477&pid=478
- U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 Yates Publishing Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004. This unique collection of records was extracted from a variety of sources including family group sheets and electronic databases. Originally, the information was derived. APID: 1,7836::0. http://www.Ancestry.com
- Ancestral File (R) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Publication: Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998. Family History Library Address: 35 N West Temple Street, Salt Lake City, Utah 84150, USA.
- "Virginia Marriages, 1785-1940," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XR7D-15J : 5 December 2014), Isaac in entry for Wm Richardson and Susan Bowman, 13 Dec 1810; citing Shenandoah, Virginia, reference pg 169; FHL microfilm 33,930.
Click the changes page for the details of edits by Marilyn and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Isaac's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 2 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 16 Sep 2016 at 14:06 GMT Kathy (Brannan) Wills wrote:
Isaac is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 22 degrees from Bob Dylan, 19 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 21 degrees from Michael Phelps and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.