Father Sir Thomas Bradshaw b. c 1369, d. a 1409
Mother (Miss) Sherburne b. c 1383
Alice Bradshaw was born circa 1433 at of Haigh, Lancashire, England.
She married Sir John St. John, son of Sir Oliver St. John, Sheriff of Glamorganshire and Margaret Beauchamp, circa 1454; They had 2 sons (Sir John; & Maurice) and 4 daughters (Anne, wife of Sir Henry, 10th Lord Clifford, Lord Vescy; Eleanor, wife of John Zouche, Esq., & of Sir John Melton; Elizabeth, wife of Thomas Kent, Esq; & (a daughter), a nun at Shaftesbury).
- Sir John St. John b. c 1432, d. c 1514
- Sir John
- Anne, wife of Sir Henry, 10th Lord Clifford, Lord Vescy
- Eleanor, wife of John Zouche, Esq., & of Sir John Melton
- Elizabeth, wife of Thomas Kent, Esq
- (a daughter), a nun at Shaftesbury
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 478.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 16-17.
- "Royal Ancestry" 2013, Douglas Richardson, Vol IV, p. 533
- See also:
- gen-medieval Rootsweb post "New Light..." by Douglas Richardson, September 2014 (updates information on John & Alice St John)
Richardson spells the name Bradshagh, which is also the common choice of English writers. Presumably it derives from Bradshalgh, maybe the one near Bolton, Lancs, though there were others. The placename evolved into Bradshaw, as did the surname in most cases. But the gentry family evolved it into Bradshaigh by the 16th century. Probably they were trying to imply a connection with the family seat at Haigh, which however they had originally acquired by marriage.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Alice's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Terry Wright, Doug Lockwood, Richard Ragland, Katherine Patterson, Kathryn Greenwald, Jeffrey Steele, and Donnita Clem. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Alice is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 28 degrees from Bob Dylan, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 21 degrees from Michael Phelps and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.