- Jo Brenner's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
The biography for Joleen Brenner is empty. What can you add?
I have but begun my journey back in time...
- First-hand information. Entered by Joleen Brenner at registration.
- Jo's formal name
- full middle name (K.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (2)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Jo is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- This my father's surname. I only know his father and grandfather's names and little else. My Grandpa Bert played baseball for the Cleveland Naps in 1914. UPDATE: I now have enough of a trail on the Brenner side that takes us back to the Swiss migration of Brenner's to Lancaster, PA and the birth of Mennonite beliefs and practices in the US.
- This my paternal grandmother. I only go back as far as her grandfather. She was a crooner-style singer. That's all I know as she died before my first birthday. UPDATE: I am a descendant of Enoch Stearns. There is a giant roadblock as to who his father is. Anyone with information on Enoch please contact me!
- On the ship's manifest our surname was listed as Wedekind. I know I have family in southern Minnesota and I would love to connect with descendants of Fritz Wedeking. He married Sophia Wilhemina Hahn somewhere in Germany about 1870s.
- I have quite a bit more information for my great grandmother Minnie Wilson, who came from Vyborg, Denmark. Her youngest brother Viggo never came to America and though I made initial contact with that family I have since lost that connection and would very much like them back. UPDATE: I have reconnected with the Nielsen's in Denmark!
Jo Brenner's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Jo or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Jo:
- Jo Brenner: AncestryDNA, Ancestry member amazon21467
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Jo. (Best for comments to Jo that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Jo that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 22 Nov 2016 at 05:51 GMT Rod DuBois wrote:
The central hub where we share ideas and answer questions is our G2G Forum. It is here you will find the Question of the Week: What are some of the ways you have used to get your family interested in genealogy? You may also search for topics of interest and introduce yourself with a post about an ancestor you are researching.
There are numerous ways you may get involved at WikiTree. See the Volunteers Needed page for more information on projects you can contribute to.
Thanks for volunteering and enjoy the journey. --Rod
On 16 Nov 2016 at 02:01 GMT Jess Wallace wrote:
Welcome to WikiTree. By now you should have received an email with helpful links to get you started on adding your family to ours.
WikiTree is different because our goal is to have one profile per person and that means we share ancestors and work together as a BIG collaborative team!
What brings you to WikiTree? Do you have research you’d like to share? Are you interested in how your family fits into the big tree?
When you confirm your email address, you’ll be given an opportunity to volunteer to help document our collective family history. Use the Tags and comments to tell us about your genealogical interests.
When you volunteer, one of our Greeters will be happy to confirm your membership.