- Cornelius Bresie's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of MASTER2011WIKITREE.GED on 27 January 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Date: ABT 1721
Removed ABT from Birth Date and marked as uncertain.
- Data Changed:
- Date: 27 FEB 2000
Prior to import, this record was last changed 27 FEB 2000 .
- Source S289
- Title: The Palatine Families of New York 1710
- Abbreviation: Jones, Palatine Families of NY
- Author: Henry Z. Jones Jr.
- Publication: Henry Z. Jones, Jr., Universal City, CA, 1985
1718 birth of Cornelius Bresie Bresee in Camp Queensbury, Columbia Co., NY, married Anna Dorothea Schurts in 1740, born 5 Apr 1722 in Camp Queensbury, Columbia Co., found on rootsweb by Ronald Dugan.
NEW YORK IN THE REVOLUTION by James A. Roberts, Comptroller lists Albany Co. Militia, 8th Regiment (enlisted men): Cornelius Bresee along with Gabriel Bresee and Nicholas Bresee.
- Revo Morrey aka Revo Morrey Young, compiler, The Bresee family of Livingston Manor, Columbia County, New York: Parts 1, 2 & 3 (1945), ; FHL microfilm FHL film 897238 Items 2-4, availableon on digital images.
Cornelis was born in 1713. Cornelis Brusee ... He passed away in 1795. 
Can you add any information on Cornelis Brusee? Please help grow his WikiTree profile. Everything you see here is a collaborative work-in-progress.
- ↑ Entered by Debbie Kelly, Tuesday, September 10, 2013.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Cornelius by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 1 Apr 2016 at 03:29 GMT Mel Bresee II wrote:
See: Revo Morrey aka Revo Morrey Young, compiler, The Bresee family of Livingston Manor, Columbia County, New York: Parts 1, 2 & 3 (1945), ; FHL microfilm FHL film 897238 Items 2-4, availableon on digital images.
Henry Z. Jones, The Palatine families of New York : a study of the German immigrants who arrived in colonial New York in 1710, 1985 (N.p.: n.p., n.d.), page 945.
Roots Web's World Connect Project posted by Ronald Dugan (email@example.com) shows birth year of 1718 in Camp Queensbury, Columbia, NY, death 20 Dec 1795 in Copake, Columbia Co., marriage to Anna Dorothea.
1763 Abram Decker and Engel Bresie christened Dorothea with witnesses of Cornelis Bresie and his wife Dorothea Sherz on 16 Jan 1763 at the Reformed Protestant Dutch Ch of Linlithgo, Columbia Co., NY. Also see file Linlithgo32.jpg.
1741 Cornelis Brusie and Dorothea Schets christened daughter, Engel, on 15 Aug 1741 with witnesses of Frantz and Cornalia Prusie per LAFHC film 1016564 page 29. Also see file Linlithgo32.jpg.
1720 Ancestral File at the FHC shows Cornelis born and christened in 1720 in Albany, Albany, NY with parents of Andries Bresie and Engeltje Hendrick Clauw.
Cornelius is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 27 degrees from Bob Dylan, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 21 degrees from Michael Phelps and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.