- Elizabeth (Brewster) Christophers's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Mayflower Family Member.
||Elizabeth (Brewster) Christophers was related to a passenger on the Mayflower and born before 1700.|
Join: Mayflower Project
Elizabeth Brewster, the daughter of Jonathan Brewster and Lucretia Oldham, was born May 1, 1637, at Duxbury, Massachusetts. She married (1) Sept. 7, 1653, Peter Bradley (died April 3, 1662), and married (2) Christopher Christophers (died July 23, 1687.
OF NOTE- It appears that Elizabeth (Brewster) Bradley had been accused of some scandalous behavior: MB&D, Roser I:261, 262, Footnote 6: Christopher’s wife Mary died in July of 1676. Connecticut county court records at New London, September,1673, however, tell an interesting story. About three years before Chistophers wife’s death, it seems that Elizabeth “Brawly” [Bradley, by then a widow with four children] was found guilty of fornication with Christopher Christophers who was a “married man,” the second of such offenses, and she was now “neare the time of delivery.” Delaying punishing due to her condition, the court nonetheless noted the “haniousness” of this crime and stated that she was to appear in public at a later date displaying the notice: “Let the punishment of my whore dome be a warning to others; or else to pay fifteen pound fyne.” Elizabeth chose to pay the fine. Despite this fact the Brewsters recorded the birth of John Christopers as the son of Christopher and his wife Elizabeth <Brewster Book, MD 1:7
- Elizabeth Bradley, b. March 16, 1654
- Hannah Bradley b. Sept 17, 1656
- Peter Bradley b. Sept 7, 1658
- Lucretia Bradley b. Aug. 16, 1661
- John Chritophers, b. Sep 3, 1668
- BIOGRAPHY: 'Munsey-Hopkin Genealogy, A' Elizabeth, b. at Plymouth (now Duxbury), 1 May 1637; d. at New Lodon, Ct, Feb. 1708; m. 1) at New London, 7 Sept. 1635, Peter Bradley, d. at New London, 3. Apr. 1662 (sic June 1663); m. 2) prob. at New London aft. 13 July 1676, Christopher Christopher, b. Eng. ca. 1631; d. at New London, 23 July 1687. He m. 1) in Eng., Mary----; d. at New london, 13 July 1676
- Ancestral File Number: 8LFX-XJ
- Alt. Death: 11 Nov 1713 Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Alt. Burial: 11 Nov 1713 Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 "Early Generations of the Brewster Family." New England Hist. and Gen. Register 53:113
- ↑ FamilySearch
- ↑ FamilySearch
- The Mayflower Descendant (Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants) Vol. 1, Page 7
- Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection - Individual Records (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2001)
- Birth year: 1636; Birth city: ; Birth state: MA. Birth date: 1636 Birth place: MA Death date: 11 November 1713 Death place: Plymouth, MA
- Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Name: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.
- FamilySearch (http://new.familysearch.org) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- accessed 31 May 2010), entry for Elizabeth Brewster, person ID KN6F-KTR.
- Ancestral File (TM): Author: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: Publication: July 1996 (c), data as of 2 January 1996
- <http://www.familycentral.net/index/family.cfm?ref1=6049:625&ref2=6049:1181 />
- <https://theplantersforsyth.wordpress.com/mayflower-connection/ />
- <http://dgmgenealogy.info/HowlandDescendants/ps06/ps06_009.htm />
- Source: Merrick, Barbara Lambert, and edited by Scott Andrew Bartley, Mayflower Families through Five Generations, The Descendants of Elder William Brewster Part 1, General Society of Mayflower Descendants, Plymouth, MA., 2014
Searching for someone else?
- Elizabeth (Scales) Brewster
- Elizabeth (Peery) Brewster
- Elizabeth (Freeman) Brewster
- Elizabeth (Ellis) Brewster
- Elizabeth (DeWolf) Brewster
- Elizabeth (Brewster) Owens
- Elizabeth Smith Brewster
- Nellie Elizabeth (Brewster) Foster
- Elizabeth (Brewster) White
- Elizabeth (Brewster) Pruett
- Marian Elizabeth Brewster
- Elizabeth (Brewster) Thompson
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elizabeth's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Merry Ann Palmer and Steve Turley. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Elizabeth is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 15 degrees from Dorothy Coakley, 18 degrees from Virgil Grissom, 23 degrees from Ayn Rand and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.