- Mary (Brown) Smith's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Mary Brown was born in England about 1629. She was the daughter of Abraham and Lydia Brown. She came to New England with her parents in 1631. They settled in Watertown, Middlesex, Massachusetts. On April 10, 1650, in Malden, Middlesex, she married John Lewis of Malden as his second wife. He had six children. As was the custom in those days for men with families who needed another wife, she was much younger than him. She was about 21 and he was about 37. Mary and John had six children of their own, born in Malden: Abraham, Jonathan, Mary Penfield, Hannah Melvin, Isaac, & Trial. John died in Malden, probably in September of 1657. Mary soon married John Cutler of Woburn, Middlesex. Mary and her new husband had one daughter, named Mary, born in 1663. John Cutler died in Woburn about 1678. Mary then married her daughter Mary's father-in-law, Matthew Smith Sr. Matthew lived until after 1694. There is a record of a Mary Smith, wife of John Smith, who died of smallpox in Charlestown on May 22, 1691. 
- ↑ Anderson's Great Migration Study Project
- Genealogical and Family History of the State of New Hampshire Lewis Publishing Company, 1908, online: https://books.google.com/books?id=cfoI0UIOCKQC&pg=PA753 Vol. 2, Page 753
- Find A Grave Memorial# 36933417
- WikiTree profile Brown-9944 created through the import of Putnam2-1_2010-01-02_2011-02-16_2011-10-11.ged on Oct 12, 2011 by John Putnam
1630, Hawkedon, Suffolk, England
- Husband: John Cutler
- Wife: Mary Browne
- Date: BEF 1667
- Place: Prob. Malden, Middlesex, Massachusetts
Searching for someone else?
- Mary Brown
- Mary (Brown) Haskell
- Mary (Brown) Gilpin
- Mary Brown
- Mary Esther Brown
- Mary Ann (Agnes) Brown 1820
- Mary (Frost) Brown
- Mary (Johnson) Brown
- Mary (Brown) Dow
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Mary's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: John Putnam and Mark Swarthout. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 30 Nov 2015 at 20:38 GMT Rick Pierpont wrote:
Mary is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 18 degrees from Ayn Rand, 17 degrees from Peter Roberts and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.