- William Brown's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Born in Warwick Rhode Island in 1810 to Othaniel & Martha Whitehorn Brown. they moved to Genesee NY. From there as a young man he bough large parcels of land in Barry and Kent County Michigan from the US General Land Office. In 1845 he married Clarissa C Paul in Genesee County NY. Widowed in 1858, He than married Lufanna Leek, Donaldson a widow of a Baptist Preacher. He built a large saw mill in Brownsville which was named after him. Later this town changed its name to Alaska. He was a good Christian, and in his will left a great deal of money to missions. A Baptist, he also started a church in Brownsville. He is mentioned often in early writings of this area.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
William is 23 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 51 degrees from Domingo Ghirardelli, 25 degrees from Ronel Olivier, 34 degrees from Rosa Parks and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.