Olivia Charlotte (Brown) Bartlett

Olivia Charlotte (Brown) Bartlett (1819 - 1900)

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Olivia Charlotte (Olive) [uncertain] Bartlett formerly Brown
Born in Montgomery, VA, USAmap
Daughter of and [mother unknown]
[sibling(s) unknown]
Wife of — married in Montgomery, VA.map
Descendants descendants
Died [location unknown]
Profile manager: Ray Nichols private message [send private message]
Profile last modified | Created 16 May 2017
This page has been accessed 100 times.

Contents

Biography

Olive King ... Entered by Raymond Nichols, Wednesday, September 11, 2013.

Name was either Olive or Olivia. daughter of John King. per http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/k/i/n/Douglas-Ray-Kingston/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0237.html

possibly a Chippewa or Cherokee native, and believed to be the daughter of a John King.

1860 Census

1860 United States Federal Census about Olive Bartlett Name: Olive Bartlett Age in 1860: 41 Birth Year: abt 1819 Home in 1860: Floyd, Virginia Gender: Female Post Office: Copper Hill Value of real estate: View Image Household Members: Name Age Leroy Bartlett 46 Olive Bartlett 41 Wm H Bartlett 18 Sarah M Bartlett 16 Jno R Bartlett 14 Mary J Bartlett 10 Adolphus Bartlett 5 Charles M Bartlett 2 Emily Bartlett 1/12

1880 Census

1880 United States Federal Census about Olivia Bartlett Name: Olivia Bartlett Age: 61 Birth Year: abt 1819 Birthplace: Virginia Home in 1880: Floyd, Virginia Race: White Gender: Female Relation to Head of House: Self (Head) Marital status: Divorced Father's Birthplace: Virginia Mother's Birthplace: Virginia Neighbors: View others on page Occupation: Keeping House Cannot read/write: Blind: Deaf and Dumb: Otherwise disabled: Idiotic or insane: View Image Household Members: Name Age Olivia Bartlett 61 Sarah A. Bartlett 36 Susan E. Bartlett 20 Lydia O. Bartlett 17 Joseph H. Bartlett 3

1900 Census

1900 United States Federal Census about Oleva Bartlet Name:Oleva Bartlet [Olive King Bartlett] [Oleva Barttet] [Oleva Birttel] Age:80 Birth Date:Jun 1819 Birthplace:Virginia Home in 1900:Locust Grove, Floyd, Virginia Race:White Gender:Female Relation to Head of House:Mother in Law [Mother-in-law] Marital status:Widowed Father's Birthplace:Virginia Mother's Birthplace:Virginia Mother: number of living children:1 Mother: How many children:1 Occupation:View on Image Neighbors:View others on page Household Members:NameAge Andrew Gearheart73 Susan E Gearheart40 Julia E Gearheart18 Morgan L Bartlet13 Oleva Bartlet80


Sources

"Pedigree Resource File," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:2:STDK-FJY : accessed 27 March 2018), entry for Olivia /King/; file (2:2:2:MMQ5-B3N), submitted 13 May 2011.


US Fed census 1870 Locust Grove, Floyd County, Virginia

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/k/i/n/Douglas-Ray-Kingston/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0237.html

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~barbr/king.htm

http://www.familycentral.net/index/family.cfm?ref1=5400:25315&ref2=5400:25326

http://www.geni.com/people/Olive-Bartlett-KING/6000000006251451350


Acknowledgments

Thank you to Raymond Nichols for creating King-8241 on 11 Sep 13. Click the Changes tab for the details on contributions by Raymond and others.



More Genealogy Tools



Sponsored by MyHeritage




Memories: 3

On 11 Feb 2014 Ray Nichols DD, HOS wrote:

1880 United States Federal Census about Olivia Bartlett

Name: Olivia Bartlett Age: 61 Birth Year: abt 1819 Birthplace: Virginia Home in 1880: Floyd, Virginia Race: White Gender: Female Relation to Head of House: Self (Head) Marital status: Divorced Father's Birthplace: Virginia Mother's Birthplace: Virginia Neighbors: View others on page Occupation: Keeping House Cannot read/write: Blind: Deaf and Dumb: Otherwise disabled: Idiotic or insane: View Image Household Members: Name Age Olivia Bartlett 61 Sarah A. Bartlett 36 Susan E. Bartlett 20 Lydia O. Bartlett 17 Joseph H. Bartlett 3


On 11 Feb 2014 Ray Nichols DD, HOS wrote:

1900 United States Federal Census about Oleva Bartlet

Name: Oleva Bartlet [Olive King Bartlett] [Oleva Barttet] [Oleva Birttel] Age: 80 Birth Date: Jun 1819 Birthplace: Virginia Home in 1900: Locust Grove, Floyd, Virginia Race: White Gender: Female Relation to Head of House: Mother in Law [Mother-in-law] Marital status: Widowed Father's Birthplace: Virginia Mother's Birthplace: Virginia Mother: number of living children: 1 Mother: How many children: 1 Occupation: View on Image Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Andrew Gearheart 73 Susan E Gearheart 40 Julia E Gearheart 18 Morgan L Bartlet 13 Oleva Bartlet 80 View Original Record View original image Thelma Lema 2/9, 2:56pm Thelma Lema


On 11 Feb 2014 Ray Nichols DD, HOS wrote:

1860 United States Federal Census about Olive Bartlett

Name: Olive Bartlett Age in 1860: 41 Birth Year: abt 1819 Home in 1860: Floyd, Virginia Gender: Female Post Office: Copper Hill Value of real estate: View Image Household Members: Name Age Leroy Bartlett 46 Olive Bartlett 41 Wm H Bartlett 18 Sarah M Bartlett 16 Jno R Bartlett 14 Mary J Bartlett 10 Adolphus Bartlett 5 Charles M Bartlett 2 Emily Bartlett 1/12



Login to add your own memory.

Search
Searching for someone else?
First: Last:

DNA Connections
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Olive by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Olive:

Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at MyHeritage DNA.



Images: 2
Olive Bartlett Image 1
Olive Bartlett Image 1

LEROY BARTLET 1850 census
LEROY BARTLET 1850 census

Collaboration

On 8 Feb 2018 at 06:02 GMT Ray Nichols DD, HOS wrote:

reported to be the daughter of john king jr.

death certificate of dau. lydia says olivia's maiden name is brown. possibly an illegitimate dau. of king and mother may have the maiden name brown. or maybe an adopted native american child of king or a mr. brown. her parents continue to be a wall, but all of her census records say she is white. more research and documentation is needed.



Olive is 19 degrees from Dave Rutherford, 22 degrees from John Wayne and 20 degrees from Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.

B  >  Brown  |  B  >  Bartlett  >  Olivia Charlotte (Brown) Bartlett