Lorin was born in 1903 in Long Beach, California.[1,2] He was the only child of Albert Brown and Mabel Middleham Brown. His parents divorced two years after he was born, and two years after that his mother married Robert Shafer, who was her cousin. The 1910 census shows Mabel, Robert, Lorin and Mabel's mother Ann Middleham living together in Los Angeles; Robert is working as a butcher. In 1917, Mabel and Robert divorced. The 1920 census shows Mabel, her mother and Lorin living in Orange County, with Mabel working as a lemon-picker.
On October 8, 1927, Lorin married Mary Lou Whittier in Los Angeles. A son, Harry, their only child, was born the following year. In 1930, Lorin was working as a jewelry merchant.
Lorin died at age 82 in Bellevue, Washington.[1,2]
1. United States Social Security Death Index.
2. Washington State Digital Archives, Social Security Death Index, https://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/Record/View/5F6941B2668C708590DF232F18265940
3. U.S. Census, Los Angeles Assembly District 74, Los Angeles, California, 1910.
4. U.S. Census, Placentia, Orange, California, 1920.
5."California, County Marriages, 1850-1952," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K8NV-8TF : 8 December 2017), Lorin Thureman Brown and Mary Lou Whittier, 08 Oct 1927; citing Los Angeles, California, United States, county courthouses, California; FHL microfilm 2,074,707.
6. U.S. Census, Los Angeles (Districts 0501-0750), Los Angeles, California, 1930.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Lorin is 21 degrees from Judy Garland, 22 degrees from Mindy Silva and 19 degrees from Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.