[private daughter (2000s - unknown)],
[private son (2000s - unknown)],
[private daughter (2010s - unknown)] and
[private daughter (2010s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 30 May 2020
| Created 31 Jul 2011 | Last significant change: 29 May 2020
This page has been accessed 33,121 times.
Weekends are family time at our house, so if you try to contact me from Friday evening until lunch-time-ish Monday (US Central Daylight Savings time), I most likely won't get back to you until Monday afternoon, unless it sounds like an emergency. Thanks for understanding!
I have actually been a member since early August 2011. A merge with a profile a cousin created for me changed out the dates. See the source section for date confirmation.
RootsTech Attendee: 2015, 2017
Abby gifted some WikiTree kindness during the 2018 Secret Santa Swap!
Abby (Brown) Glann participated with Team Tornadoes during the 2019 Scan-a-Thon, scanning and uploading some items to profiles.
Abby (Brown) Glann participated with Team Missouri during the 2019 Source-a-Thon, adding some sources to profiles.
Abby's Tools My free-space page for photos to use as backgrounds. Feel free to use; add yourself to any of the photos to use on your own profiles.
Abby grew up on a small acreage in the Midwest. After high school she attended Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa, majoring in Religion and English (poetry focus). It was here that she took a genealogy class and an obsession was born. She also met her husband during that time, and their union only furthered her interest, as his grandparents were all very practiced genealogists. Abby took on the role of family historian for both her own families, and her husband's, and has been trying to maintain and continue research since then. She later attended Grand View College in Des Moines, Iowa, to pursue a degree in Social Work.
Abby is a WikiTree Team member and spends much of her time on WikiTree in her role of Bug Tracker and Tech Tester, as well as working on various miscellaneous administrative tasks. She tries to fit in actual genealogy time where she can, as she also has a small farm and homeschools her four amazing children.
- A lot of DNA work on her own family as well as for a few friends.
- Glann-origin of the name; hope to start a Y-DNA study once I get my hubby to take a test. We recently found some Glanns in Australia that I'd like to see about connecting
- Stevens in Scotland in the early 1800s
- Browns of Nova Scotia, Canada and Yorkshire and Lambeth, England; I guess it's time to start a Yorkshire Browns ONS to pursue this wall, as well as getting a YDNA test for a brother or cousin soon.
- Recently broke down a family brick wall and am learning about research in old Bohemian lines-Kleinhampl, Zeithaml, Westerovsky. Slowly flipping through parish records to find my third great grandfather.
- Origins of my grandmother's family from Poland/Prussia/Austria, the Brocks/Brooks and the Popkes; recent family photo broke through one wall here and stepped us back a generation of Popkes.
- Helping out with merging, connecting, sourcing, and clean up throughout Wikitree
- Adding the family of some of my closest friends and in-laws and helping them research
- Swedish research on my grandfather-in-law's family
- Paternal relationship is confirmed with an FTDNA test match between Abby Glann and Andrea Newberry, siblings. Predicted relationship by FTDNA: siblings, based on 2309 shared centimorgans, the longest segment being 149 in length.
- Paternal relationship is confirmed with an FTDNA test match between Abby Glann and Joyce Elaine Johnson, second cousins. Predicted relationship by FTDNA: 2nd-3rd cousins, based on 233 shared centimorgans, the longest being 79 in length.
- Paternal relationship confirmed with an triangulation between Abby Glann, Lois Norton, Kathleen Norton, Michael Norton, and Andrea Newberry, sharing an 18cm segment on chromosome 7 from 36420786 to 52762106. MCRA: Thornton Price Heskett
- Maternal relationship is confirmed with an FTDNA test match between Abby Glann and and Brenda Brown, daughter/mother. Predicted relationship by FTDNA: Parent/Child, based on 3383 shared centimorgans, the longest segment being 267 in length.
- Maternal relationship is confirmed by a triangulated group consisting of Abby Glann, Brenda Brown, Penny Cain, John Janes, Rian Kormos, and Grady O'Shields sharing a 14.1 cM segment on chromosome 4 from 36905586 to 53563840. MCRA: William Martin Lawrence
- Maternal relationship is confirmed by a triangulated group on MyHeritage consisting of Abby Brown, D Severson, and B Weldy sharing a 10.4 cM segment on chromosome 7 from 49359804 – 70040558. MRCA Dewitt Clinton Van Sickle and Mary Jane Hill
- WikiTree profile Brown-8264 created through the import of wikitree.ged on Aug 1, 2011 by Abby Brown. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Abby and others.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Abby's formal name
- full middle name (K.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (21)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (4)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Abby Glann's full information you must be on Abby's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools