- Abby (Brown) Glann's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Weekends are family time at our house, so if you try to contact me from Friday evening until lunch-time-ish Monday (US Central Daylight Savings time), I most likely won't get back to you until Monday afternoon, unless it sounds like an emergency. Thanks for understanding!
I have actually been a member since early August 2011. A merge with a profile a cousin created for me changed out the dates. See the source section for date confirmation.
aUDNA triangulation with numerous cousins have shown that Abby's connection to Jerry and Brenda are confirmed. Plus, there were witnesses for her birth from Brenda ;-)
Abby's Tools My free-space page for photos to use as backgrounds, as well as miscellaneous family photos that I have yet to identify. Feel free to use; add yourself to any of the photos to use on your own profiles.
Abby grew up on a small acreage in the Midwest. After high school she attended Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa, majoring in Religion and English (poetry focus). It was here that she took a genealogy class and an obsession was born. She also met her husband during that time, and their union only worsened the obsession, as his grandparents were all very practiced genealogists. Abby took on the role of family historian for both her own families, and her husband's, and has been trying to maintain and continue research since then.
Abby is a WikiTree Team member and spends much of her time on WikiTree in her role of Leader Liaison and Project Manager, as well as working on various miscellaneous administrative tasks. She tries to fit in actual genealogy time where she can, as she also runs a small farm and homeschools her four children.
- A lot of DNA work on her own family as well as for a few friends.
- Glann-origin of the name; hope to start a Y-DNA study once I get my hubby to take a test. We recently found some Glanns in Australia that I'd like to see about connecting
- Stevens in Scotland in the early 1800s
- Browns of Nova Scotia, Canada and Yorkshire and Lambeth, England; I guess it's time to start a Yorkshire Browns ONS to pursue this wall, as well as getting a YDNA test for a brother or cousin soon.
- Recently broke down a family brick wall and am learning about research in old Bohemian lines-Kleinhampl, Zeithaml, Westerovsky. Slowly flipping through parish records to find my third great grandfather.
- Origins of my grandmother's family from Poland/Prussia/Austria, the Brocks/Brooks and the Popkes
- Helping out with merging, connecting, sourcing, and clean up throughout Wikitree
- Adding the family of some of my closest friends and in-laws and helping them research
- Swedish research on my grandfather-in-law's family
- WikiTree profile Brown-8264 created through the import of wikitree.ged on Aug 1, 2011 by Abby Brown. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Abby and others.
- Abby's formal name
- full middle name (K.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (20)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (4)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Abby is a Wiki Genealogist following these tags:
- My Grandmother's maiden name and dear family.
- I help co-lead the Categorization project and actively use categories to sort profiles on WikiTree.
- I co-lead the Connectors project and always searching for ways to get folks connecting those loose branches.
- My husband is a Glann and I inherited all of his grandparents' research, and have worked on it myself. I plan on starting some Y-DNA research to augment it in the future
- Swedish Hallers who landed in Minnesota, US. My husband's maternal grandfather's family.
- My grandmother's biological father's name. Trying to find the family in Bohemia.
- I am a Leader and also the Leader liaison. Watch this tag for updates specific to our volunteer Leaders on WikiTree.
- descendent of Thomas and Elizabeth McQuiston, via Silas McQuiston, Iowa USA on my paternal side
- weekly contest to improve Notable profiles that I help make happen
- I am part of the Profile Improvement project
- following to see the great profiles WikiTreers share on G2G
- I am the person to come to for Projects-starting, leading, improving.
- Keeping up with style changes and recommendations
- followed to make sure one of us has noticed posts that need sysop attention
- Currently leading the United States History project (though I'd love other co-leaders and coordinators) which covers about anything in the history of the both geographical region and nation not already covered by other fantastic projects on WikiTree
- following for those fantastic positive posts folks share
- I love to see the community building each other up-and to be able to build others up, too!
Abby Glann's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Abby or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Abby:
- Abby (Brown) Glann: 23andMe, GEDMatch M818976 + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch M818976, FTDNA kit #400608
- Penny (Hannon) Cain : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A035777, Ancestry member Abby_Glann
- Andrea (Brown) Newberry : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch Z138811, FTDNA kit #585269
- Brenda (Van Sickle) Brown : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch Z216157, FTDNA kit #585285
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Abby. (Best for comments to Abby that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Abby that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 28 Mar 2017 at 20:09 GMT Cynthia Denise Griffin wrote:
On 28 Mar 2017 at 14:57 GMT Jon Philmore Czarowitz wrote:
I was asked if I had gone thru you when I created my Space TEXAS_Roots page. I said no, but I had a pop-up category that read New Project. My intent is a page dedicated to those Texans born in Texas with some history, Tidbits of memory and sayings. I have a URL from Texas Junction which has the music and some of the lyrics of the old songs including words to the College and Universities. I want to put a cat on the Texas born profiles, but needed help here. [] Jon P Czarowitz
On 23 Mar 2017 at 16:15 GMT Valerie Sizemore wrote:
On 17 Mar 2017 at 00:45 GMT John Susnir Jr. wrote:
Thanks for the nice welcome to the group and I will check the links out in the next couple of days.
On 16 Mar 2017 at 01:20 GMT Patrick Barnum wrote:
Thanks a bunch for updating the Barnum One Name Study template from the Project Box template for several of my profiles. Now, I have only about 20,000 additional profiles to update. Whee!
On 8 Mar 2017 at 19:54 GMT Doug Zimmerman wrote:
Yes a User box? Sounds like something we would want, not sure what they look like. Again the primary image would probably be good, if you need that.
On 3 Mar 2017 at 16:40 GMT Doug Lockwood wrote:
On 22 Feb 2017 at 20:53 GMT Betty Sambrook wrote:
Cheers Elizabeth Cameron
On 22 Feb 2017 at 17:10 GMT Doug Zimmerman wrote:
Thank You Doug
On 22 Feb 2017 at 07:31 GMT Jill (Turkington) Lee wrote:
Thanks so much!!! Amazing how many hoaxes are out there these days!!! Most of the ones I see these days center around deaths, though!!!