- Abby (Brown) Glann's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Weekends are family time at our house, so if you try to contact me from Friday evening until lunch-time-ish Monday (US Central Daylight Savings time), I most likely won't get back to you until Monday afternoon, unless it sounds like an emergency. Thanks for understanding!
I have actually been a member since early August 2011. A merge with a profile a cousin created for me changed out the dates.
aUDNA triangulation have shown that Abby's connection to Jerry and Brenda are confirmed. Plus, there were witnesses for her birth from Brenda ;-)
Abby's Tools My free-space page for photos to use as backgrounds, as well as miscellaneous family photos that I have yet to identify. Feel free to use; add yourself to any of the photos to use on your own profiles for backgrounds!
Abby grew up on a small acreage in the Midwest. After high school she attended Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa, majoring in Religion and English (poetry focus). It was here that she took a genealogy class and an obsession was born. She also met her husband while in school there, and their union only worsened the obsession, as his grandparents were all very practiced genealogists. Abby took on the role of family historian for both her own families, and her husband's, and has been trying to maintain and continue research.
Abby is able to work on family history in the evenings, running a small farm that focuses on producing wool and angora fleece during the day, spinning and dyeing the fleece, and making products from the yarn, as well as making and selling gourmet, small-batch locally sourced honey caramels for market. She home schools her four young children.
Recently internet got a little better out here in rural Iowa, so she has no excuse, other than keeping a slew of fluffy animals and crazy kids alive, to be on Wikitree, a community she has grown to love, all the time. The spirit of collaboration is something she had waited for for quite sometime while the internet grew as a source for genealogy work. She trickles through lines, going back over old work to perform merges, clean up profiles, and re-examine research she did when she first started having an interest in genealogy, to verify shady sources, add new ones, and always hope to find new connections and lines.
- Glann-origin of the name; hope to start a Y-DNA study once I get my hubby to take a test. We recently found some Glanns in Australia that I'd like to see about connecting
- Stevens in Scotland in the early 1800s
- Browns of Nova Scotia, Canada and Yorkshire and Lambeth, England; I guess it's time to start a Yorkshire Browns ONS to pursue this wall
- Brickwall-Thomas McQuiston and Elizabeth Thomas
- Recently broke down a family brick wall and am learning about research in old Bohemian lines-Kleinhampl, Zeithaml, Westerovsky. Slowly flipping through parish records to find my third great grandfather.
- Origins of my grandmother's family from Poland/Prussia/Austria, the Brocks/Brooks and the Popkes
- Helping out with merging, connecting, sourcing, and clean up throughout Wikitree
- Adding the family of some of my closest friends and in-laws and helping them research
- WikiTree profile Brown-8264 created through the import of wikitree.ged on Aug 1, 2011 by Abby Brown. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Abby and others.
- Abby's formal name
- full middle name (K.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (20)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (4)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Abby is a Wiki Genealogist following these tags:
- My Grandmother's maiden name and dear family.
- I help co-lead the Categorization project and actively use categories to sort profiles on WikiTree.
- I co-lead the Connectors project and always searching for ways to get folks connecting those loose branches.
- My husband is a Glann and I inherited all of his grandparents' research, and have worked on it myself. I plan on starting some Y-DNA research to augment it in the future
- Swedish Hallers who landed in Minnesota, US. My husband's maternal grandfather's family.
- My grandmother's biological father's name. Trying to find the family in Bohemia.
- I am a Leader and also the Leader liaison. Watch this tag for updates specific to our volunteer Leaders on WikiTree.
- descendent of Thomas and Elizabeth McQuiston, via Silas McQuiston, Iowa USA on my paternal side
- weekly contest to improve Notable profiles that I help make happen
- I am part of the Profile Improvement project
- following to see the great profiles WikiTreers share on G2G
- I am the person to come to for Projects-starting, leading, improving.
- Keeping up with style changes and recommendations
- followed to make sure one of us has noticed posts that need sysop attention
- Currently leading the United States History project (though I'd love other co-leaders and coordinators) which covers about anything in the history of the both geographical region and nation not already covered by other fantastic projects on WikiTree
- following for those fantastic positive posts folks share
- I love to see the community building each other up-and to be able to build others up, too!
Abby Glann's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Abby or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Abby:
- Abby (Brown) Glann: 23andMe, GEDMatch M818976 + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch M818976, FTDNA kit #400608
- Penny (Hannon) Cain : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A035777, Ancestry member Abby_Glann
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Abby. (Best for comments to Abby that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Abby that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 17 Jan 2017 at 21:57 GMT Martha (Beaugh) Leger wrote:
thanks, Martha Beaugh-15 Leger
On 12 Jan 2017 at 13:45 GMT Magnus Sälgö wrote:
On 11 Jan 2017 at 02:03 GMT Linda Kendrick wrote:
On 6 Jan 2017 at 19:55 GMT Mary Richardson wrote:
I had a link originally on Dave Rutherford's project page.. I got some sources on my own, but some are Dave's. I am sorry ... Just did the space page for Jacky. Then thought I should let Jacky and Dave. If you approve, I will add names, and send them the new link
On 6 Jan 2017 at 18:57 GMT Mary Richardson wrote:
re: Palatine.. I am quite willing to change the name of the Palatine Space page... That is all it is.. It will require a merge, so is it OK with everybody if I remove the other names, do the merge, then re-add the managers?? ...
And can you reiterate what you all feel I should rename it to??? So that I do not err
On 5 Jan 2017 at 02:28 GMT Eowyn Langholf wrote:
On 3 Jan 2017 at 20:48 GMT Mary Richardson wrote:
On 1 Jan 2017 at 19:29 GMT Quinn Ressler wrote:
On 1 Jan 2017 at 17:42 GMT Robert Keniston Jr. wrote:
Are you doing the January Sourcerers Challenge? Bob
On 15 Dec 2016 at 03:21 GMT Candy (Black) Cox wrote: