- William Burnham's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
8. William2 Burnham, (Thomas1) b. 1652, d. 12 Dec 1730,6 resided in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT.6,
- He married (1) Elizabeth Loomis, married 28 Jun 1671,6 b. 7 Aug 1655 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT, (daughter of Nathaniel Loomis and Elizabeth Moore) d. 19 Nov 1717 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT.7
- Elizabeth3 Burnham b. 20 May 1682.
- Rev. William Burnham b. 17 Jul 1684.
- Joseph Burnham, b. 7 Aug 1687, d. 20 Apr 1760.probably unmarried.
- David Burnham, b. 12 Oct 1689 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT,7 d. 10 Sep 1741.probably unmarried.
- Nathaniel Burnham b. 3 Jan 1690.
- Jonathan Burnham b. 21 Mar 1692.
- Mary Burnham, b. 2 Sep 1694 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT,7 d. 17 Apr 1715 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT.unmarried.
- Abigail Burnham, b. 16 Dec 1696 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT,7 d. 2 Jan 1724. She married Nathaniel Phelps, married 1 Jan 1716. He married (2) Martha (Thompson) Gaylord, d. 1733. Martha: Widow of Eleazur Gaylord.
- Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Burnham, Roderick Henry. Genealogical Records of Thomas Burnham, The Emigrant (Case, Lockwood & Brainard Co., Hartford, Conn., 1884) Page 16, Page 121, Page 126
- Loomis, Elias. Descendants of Joseph Loomis in America And His Antecedents in the Old World (1909) p 131
- Barbour, Lucius Barnes. Families Of Early Hartford, Conn. (The Genealogical Publishing Co., 1977) p. 122 - 123.
- Personal research-- a copy of Thomas Burnham's Will records William as his son. I found no record of William's birth.
- Winthrop family papers Dates: 1537-1990 Bulk Dates: 1620-1900 Physical Description: 62 document boxes, 121 volumes, 5 extra-tall volumes, and 6 oversize boxes Call Number: Ms. N-262; Ms. N-263 (photostats) Microfilm Call Number: P-350, 53 reels Repository: Massachusetts Historical Society 1154 Boylston Street Boston, MA 02215
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with William:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Eric Winchell and Alan Butchino. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 21 Dec 2014 at 00:24 GMT Bob Tonsmeire wrote:
William is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 22 degrees from Ayn Rand, 18 degrees from Peter Roberts and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.