Christening 4 Dec 1638 Harberton, Devonshire, England
Excerpt from Genealogical and personal memoirs relating to the families of Boston and eastern Massachusetts by Cutter, William Richard, 1847-1918
(II) Samuel Wright, son of Deacon Samuel Wright (i), was born in England, in 1629. He was an "Engager" for Northfield, Massachusetts, in 1 67 1, and settled there in 1673. He fell a victim to the Indians in King Philip's war, September 2, 1675. He married, November 24, 1653, Elizabeth, daughter of Henry Burt. His widow married second, September 26, 1684, Nathaniel Dickinson, of Hatfield.
1. Samuel, born October 3, 1654.
2. Joseph, born June 2, 1657; married Thankful Taylor and Mary Barker.
3. Benjamin, born July 13, 1660.
4. Ebenezer, born March 20, 1663 ; married Hannah Hunt.
5. Elizabeth, born July 31, 1666; married, September 26, 1684, Thomas Stebbins.
6. Eliezer, born October 20, 1668 ; mentioned below.
7. Hannah, born February 27, 1671.
8. Benoni, born September 12, 1675 (ten days after the father was killed).
Elizabeth was born in 1638. She passed away in 1691.
Is Elizabeth your ancestor? Please don't go away! Login to collaborate or comment, or
a profile manager, or ask our community of genealogists a question.
Sponsored Search by Ancestry.com
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Elizabeth by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA.
However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Elizabeth: