Interesting relatives: 1. George Washington 13th cousin, 6 times removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Washington-11
2. Related to all the Magna Carta surety barons. Most are various degrees of great grandfather. https://www.wikitree.com/treewidget/Bush-3450/102
3. Richard More Sr. (Mayflower passenger) 8th cousin 11 times removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/More-108
4. Henry Samson (Mayflower passenger) 11th cousin 10 times removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Samson-27
5. Constance (Hopkins) Snow (Mayflower passenger) 11th great grandmother https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Hopkins-5
6. Agnes (Cooper) Tilley (Mayflower passenger) 10th cousin 11 times removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Cooper-827
7. Giles Hopkins (Mayflower passenger) 11th great granduncle https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Hopkins-6
8. Stephen Hopkins (Mayflower passenger) 12th great grandfather https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Hopkins-373
9. Joan (Hurst) Tilley (Mayflower passenger) 8th cousin 12 times removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Hurst-26
10. Dorothy (May) Bradford (Mayflower passenger) 7th cousin 11 times removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/May-153
11. Catherine (White) Carver (Mayflower passenger) 10th cousin 10 times removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/White-11597
12. Queen Elizabeth II 14th cousin once removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Windsor-1
13. Prince Phillip 19th cousin https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Gl%C3%BCcksburg-1
15. Prince Charles 15th cousin https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Windsor-21
16. Tsar Nicholas II 18th cousin once removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Romanov-29
17. Napoleon Bonaparte 17th cousin 11 times removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Bonaparte-1
18. Hughes I de Champagne (Blois-163) , of Knights Templar fame- 27th cousin twice removed
19. Ebenezer Mudgett 7th cousin, 7 times removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Mudgett-46
20. Herleve de Mortain 28th Great Grandmother- Mother of William the Conqueror https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Falaise-2
21.Adelais de Lens 27th Great Grandmother sister of William https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Normandie-98
22. Meriwether Lewis- 14th cousin five times removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Lewis-5102
23. William Clark- 13th cousin four times removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Clark-5025 *interesting fact Lewis and Clark were 10th cousins. Also, probably only interesting to me, but I now live in Weston which was built at one of the stops they made on the Missouri river. small world
24. (Ok, I must admit this one is super exciting! My all-time favourite president is also my cousin.) Theodore Roosevelt- 15th cousin three times removed. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Roosevelt-18
25. Elizabeth Bathory 12th cousin 13 times removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Bathory-7
26. Louis IX (Capet) de France- 23rd Great Grandfather https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Capet-5
27. Catherine de Medici- 6th cousin 16 times removed https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Medici-33
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
On 21 Mar 2017 at 02:57 GMT Cynthia (Edgemon) Rushing wrote:
Noticed we're 19th cousin through our mutual 18th GGF Alianore (Berkeley) FitzAlan. "Hi cousin."
On 22 Feb 2016 at 16:09 GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
Congratulations, you've been a WikiTree member for a month! We're glad you're here. A few tips to help you dive in even deeper:
Check out Beyond the Basics of WikiTree for a guide on some of our more advanced features such as Projects, Categories, and Merging.
We're very active on our social sites and we have an excellent blog where you'll find our monthly newsletter as well as tips, interviews with our members and guest posts from others in the genealogy community.
As always, I'm here to help if you have any questions!
Guy ~ WikiTree Mentor
On 5 Feb 2016 at 16:18 GMT D (Hoskins) H wrote:
Just checking in with a few quick tips:
Looking to make more connections or find more information about an ancestor but not sure how to do that? Try categorizing your profiles.
If you come across an unresponsive manager, we have a process for those unfortunate situations.
If you have any questions, please ask!!
Dodie Bartlett, WikiTree Mentor
On 24 Jan 2016 at 19:00 GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
By signing the Honor Code you're telling others you are a responsible Wiki genealogist.
Feel free to ask me via my profile page if you have any questions.
Have a nice journey on Wikitree,
Guy - Wikitree Mentor / Leader
On 23 Jan 2016 at 18:25 GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
I see that you just did the Pre-1700 Self-Certification. That's great! Is there a particular time period, location, or topic you're interested in?
Maybe you have some historically-significant ancestors? Let me know.
I can help you figure out if there's a project and introduce you to the project leaders.
Guy - Wikitree Mentor
On 22 Jan 2016 at 01:25 GMT Jess Wallace wrote:
You are now a confirmed member of WikiTree! Thank you for volunteering.
I hope that you are able to find your family history for your daughter.
Have fun and ask for help if you need it! WikiTree members are always eager to offer guidance to a fellow genealogist.
If you need additional help, our Mentors Project is a friendly bunch of volunteers who will be glad to assist you with WikiTree-specific problems.
Happy Hunting, Jess
On 22 Jan 2016 at 01:20 GMT Jon Bush II wrote:
On 22 Jan 2016 at 01:12 GMT Jess Wallace wrote:
Welcome to WikiTree! This initial email from us has helpful links that will get you started on WikiTree, which is not like any genealogy site you’ve ever used.
WikiTree is different because our goal is to have one profile per person, and that means we all work together as a BIG collaborative team!
What brings you to WikiTree? Do you have research you’d like to share? Are you interested in how your family fits into the big tree? When you confirm your email address, you’ll see a Volunteer option on your profile page. Click that and leave us a short message about your genealogical interests. A Greeters Project volunteer will be happy to confirm your membership, and you’ll be on your way!
Welcome to the family! We’re really glad you’re here.