- George Bush's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
President Bill Clinton
|George W. Bush
of the United States
President Barak Obama
George Walker Bush was born on July 6, 1946, in New Haven, Connecticut to former President George H. and First Lady Barbara Pierce Bush. He received a bachelor's degree in history from Yale University in 1968, and then served as an F-102 fighter pilot in the Texas Air National Guard. He then received a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School in 1975.
George W. Bush married Laura Welch Bush, a Texas native, teacher and librarian, on November 5, 1977. They have twin daughters, Barbara and Jenna.
On November 8, 1994, George W. Bush was elected Governor of Texas. He became the first Governor in Texas history to be elected to consecutive four-year terms when he was re-elected on November 3, 1998. George Bush was the Governor of Texas from 1994 to 2001
George W. Bush was elected as President of the United States in 2001 and served two terms until 2009. He was the 43rd President of the United States of America and holds a special place in history. This is only the second time a son has followed his father into the White House. The first time this happened was when John Quincy Adams became the 6th President, his father had been the 2nd President.
Airborne terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the thwarted flight against the White House or Capitol on September 11, 2001, in which nearly 3,000 Americans were killed, transformed George W. Bush into a wartime president. The attacks put on hold many of Bush’s hopes and plans, and Bush’s father, George Bush, the 41st president, declared that his son “faced the greatest challenge of any president since Abraham Lincoln.”
Bush left office in 2009 and since then, he has returned to Texas and purchased a home in a suburban area of Dallas. He is currently a public speaker, has written a memoir titled "Decision Points", has taken up painting as a hobby, and his presidential library was opened in 2013.
- ↑ “The Presidents of the United States of America,” by Frank Freidel and Hugh Sidey. Copyright 2006 by the White House Historical Association.
- ↑ From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- George's formal name
- full middle name (W.)
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (4)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (2)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
- Spouse not shown on Private with Public Tree Jul 16, 2016.
- Is there any standard of merit available for connections on Wikitree? Feb 15, 2016.
- Since Today is Presidents Day, what Presidents do you have as ancestors or cousins? Feb 15, 2016.
- President Bush is a descendant of Cocke-8? Jan 10, 2015.
- Need help in cleaning up Living Bush Sep 7, 2013.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: David Douglass, Rick Watts, David Robinson, Phillip Sublett, and Wendi Kirk. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
On 14 Jan 2017 at 22:38 GMT Mark Summers wrote:
On 9 Jul 2016 at 14:22 GMT David Douglass wrote:
On 9 Jul 2016 at 08:06 GMT Magnus Sälgö wrote:
On 11 Mar 2016 at 04:53 GMT Lori Randolph wrote:
On 4 Mar 2016 at 08:01 GMT Lori Randolph wrote:
On 12 Jul 2015 at 23:45 GMT Robin Lee wrote:
On 20 Jan 2015 at 14:44 GMT Linda Armer wrote:
On 19 Jan 2015 at 14:17 GMT Jillaine Smith wrote:
On 19 Jan 2015 at 14:15 GMT Jillaine Smith wrote:
On 7 Nov 2014 at 20:54 GMT Jourdi Cleghorn wrote: