[private daughter (1960s - unknown)] and
[private daughter (1970s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 14 Sep 2019
| Created 1 Dec 2014 | Last significant change: 21 Aug 2019
This page has been accessed 3,782 times.
I will be traveling for an extended period of time, returning about September 23, 2019. I may not be responsive to messages and requests but I will be returning to WikiTree as soon as possible. I will be able to check my email every two weeks or so and will address emails at those times.
Please be patient. Thanks!!
I have been interested in my family history since high school but did not begin researching until after college. My research was sporadic for a long time as it had to fit between family activities of three children. For the past twenty or so years of the forty of my research life, I have made it my main avocation. Finding the missing pieces of the family puzzle and the supporting documents is truly fun for me.
Virginia (Butter) Fields is participating with Southern Super Sweepers during the 2019 Connect-a-Thon, and has added 307 profiles.
- DNA Confirmation for mother of Virginia Butter Fields through match with first cousin Joe W. Fears. Test through FamilyTreeDNA. 855cM's. Predicted relationship 1st cousins confirmed by paper trail. Most common recent ancestors are William Jesse Fears and Jessie Arlee Thomas grandparents of both parties.
- DNA Confirmation for father of Virginia Butter Fields through match with third cousin Elizabeth Jane (Buck) Mix through GedMatch.com. Predicted relationship 3rd cousins confirmed by paper trail. Their most recent common ancestors are Robert Graham and Ruth Lucy Smith 2xGreat-grandparents of both parties.
- DNA Confirmation for paternal grandparents of Virginia Butter Fields through match with her aunt Anonymous Butter. Test through FamilyTreeDNA. 1,793 cM's. Predicted relationship Aunt which is confirmed by paper trail. Most recent common relatives Henry Robert Butter and Lavinia Matilda Dunn, parents of Anonymous Butter and grandparents of Virginia Butter Fields.
- DNA Confirmation for 2xGreat-grandparents of Virginia Butter Fields - Henry Butter and Susan Eliza O'Neal through match with 3rd cousin MG. Test through FamilyTreeDNA 177cM's. Predicted relationship third cousin which is confirmed with paper trail.
- DNA confirmation for paternal 2xGreat grandparents of Virginia Butter Fields and KH. Most recent common ancestors James H. Henderson and Sarah Frances Odom. Test through FamilyTreeDNA. 237 cM's 2nd cousins 1x removed. Confirmed with paper trail.
- DNA confirmation for paternal 2xGreat grandparents of Virginia Butter Fields and CMD. Most recent common ancestors James H. Henderson and Sarah Frances Odom. Test through FamilyTreeDNA. 120 cMs 3rd cousins. Confirmed with paper trail.
- DNA confirmation for paternal 2xGreat grandparents of Virginia Butter Fields and CMD. Most recent common ancestors David William Dunn and Elizabeth Jane Hammock. Test through FamilyTreeDNA. 120 cMs 3rd cousins. Confirmed with paper trail.
- Maternal Relationship is confirmed by and (AncestryDNA) test match between Virginia Butter Fields and her third cousin JH. Their most recent common ancerstors are their 2x great grandparents, Wiley Clark and Frances Whitehead. Predicted relationship from AncestryDNA: 3rd cousins, based on sharing 57cMs across 5 segments. Relationship confirmed with paper trail.
- DNA confirmation for maternal 2xGreat grandparents of Virginia Butter Fields and JH. Most recent common ancestors Jesse Thomas and Rhoda Jackson. Predicted relationship by Ancestry.com is 3rd cousins with 57cMs across five segments. Confirmed with paper trail.
- DNA confirmation for paternal 3x Great grandparents of Virginia Butter Fields consisting of a triangulated group through Ancestry DNA. Match with MB 4C1xR, 19cM across 1 segment. Match with DLBW 4C, 26cM across 2 segments. MB and DLBW are 4C1R. MRCA is Daniel Henderson and wife Sarah now identified as Sarah Valentine (name not confirmed). Relationships confirmed with paper trail.
Member Daughters of the American Revolution, Heritage Ranch Genealogical Society, Texas State Genealogical Society and National Genealogical Society.
Virginia (Butter) Fields participated with Team Southern Super Sweepers during the 2019 Scan-a-Thon, scanning and uploading 227 items to profiles.
- Thomas Clarke 3rd Great Grandfather
- William Fears 4th Great Grandfather
- John Griffin 4th Great Grandfather
- Joseph Humphrey 4th Great Grandfather
- James Mills 4th Great Grandfather
- James Pye 4th Great Grandfather
- Benjamin Rush 5th Great Grandfather
- Enoch Stringfellow 4th Great Grandfather
- Jesse Thomas 3rd Great Grandfather
Civil War Ancestors
- David William Dunn 2nd Great Grandfather
- William Thomas Fears Great Grandfather
- James H. Henderson 2nd Great Grandfather
- Ezekiel Thomas Great Grandfather
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Virginia's formal name
- full middle name (L.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (2)
- private children's names (2)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Virginia Fields's full information you must be on Virginia's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Virginia is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Henderson in Clarke County. William Warren O'Neal 1830's County unknown.
- After giving a program about WikiTree to my local genealogy group, I began holdiing small group sessions to help members get started on their WikiTree journey. I love teaching so this is a lot of fun for me and I am hoping it will be for my growing "flock".
- Butter(s) England, Scotland, Louisiana 1800's. Kent, England early 1800's.
- Greene, Henry and Jasper Counties, Georgia 1800's. Amelia and Prince Edward Counties Virginia 1700's.
- I look forward to helping new WikiTree Guests and Members as I think this is a wonderful website.
- Richmond County, VA , Amite County, MS, Rapides Parish, LA. Would like to collaborate on the Hammock/Hammack line.
- Odom, Henderson in Smith, Simpson and Lawrence Counties.
- Alabama 1830's; North or South Carolina early 1800's. Louisiana mid to late 1800's. William Warren O'Neal was born in 1810 in SC. Was in Alabama for birth of first three children 1832, 1834 & 1836. Was in Rapides Parish, LA by 1839 and until his death about 1868. I have a small DNA match with descendants of O'Neals from Johnston County, NC but have not made a definite connection to that family. Any help appreciated.
- Families from Virginia, North and South Carolina who migrated to Georgia and then to Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and finally, a few of them to Texas.
- Early 1800's back to the early 1600's. Especially Northumberland, Richmond and Essex Counties.
Virginia Fields's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Virginia or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Virginia (Butter) Fields:
Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup U5a1a1d, FTDNA kit #208714, MitoYDNA ID T11141 [compare]
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Virginia:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages:
Send a private message to Virginia. (Best for comments to Virginia that need to be private.)
- Public Comments:
Login to post.
(Best for messages to or about Virginia that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 21 Aug 2019 at 13:08 GMT Shan (Ward) Dawson wrote:
On 21 Aug 2019 at 12:29 GMT Bill Schroeder Sr. wrote:
On 21 Aug 2019 at 02:30 GMT Mindy Silva wrote:
On 21 Aug 2019 at 00:20 GMT Pip Sheppard wrote:
On 19 Aug 2019 at 19:50 GMT Richard Hellstrom wrote:
On 19 Aug 2019 at 17:35 GMT Chris Whitten wrote:
On 17 Aug 2019 at 00:23 GMT Karen (Finnerty) Butler wrote:
On 16 Aug 2019 at 21:41 GMT Karen (Finnerty) Butler wrote:
On 9 Aug 2019 at 15:01 GMT Lynette Jester wrote:
On 6 Aug 2019 at 17:24 GMT Jeff Kendrick wrote: