Call For Writers And Bloggers
Categories: WikiTree Love
CALL FOR WRITERS AND BLOGGERS
We are seeking:
- Guest Bloggers
- Monthly Contributors.
If you are interested in writing for any of these positions, please read the requirements listed below.
Do you love to write? Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge, your family history stories or your point of view? WikiTree is always seeking contributions from guest bloggers. If this is of interest to you please review the guidelines below and email your submission to Eowyn.
BLOG SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Before submitting your blog post, please review the following guidelines. We accept blog posts that are open topic. We look forward to reading your submissions and hope that you will participate!
- 1) The preferred length of blog posts is between 500 and 750 words.
- 2) All necessary citations should be included in the post.
- 3) Please include at least one image(with photo credit attached) for use on the post.
- 4) Please submit a short bio (150 words or less) and head shot style image of the author for use with the post. Please also include any necessary links to your personal/business blog or other website.
- 5) Please do not submit any self-promotion posts. We are looking for content that is inclusive to the whole genealogy community.
- 6) All submissions must be original work that is not posted elsewhere.
- 7) By submitting a post, you are giving permission for use on our site and all social media channels.
Monthly Contributors for the WikiTree blog are featured writers who contribute blog content on a regular and scheduled basis.
We do ask that our monthly contributors agree to writing for WikiTree for a period of six months. Blog Submission Guidelines apply here as well.
To find out more about becoming a WikiTree monthly contributor, please contact Eowyn.
1) What does collaboration in genealogy mean for you? What suggestions do you have for genealogists to collaborate more effectively?
2) Do you have knowledge of researching a specific location? Or a specific resource (i.e., Census Records, Land Records, Wills, Newspapers)?
3) Reviews of websites, tech tools, social media, or products that have assisted you in your genealogy.
4) Stories of experiences you have had making "cousin" connections. (We love these!)
5) Do you know of an important issue that has the potential to positively or negatively impact the entire genealogy community?
6) How has WikiTree contributed to your family history research? What do you like about our site? What could we improve?
7) We participate in the GeneaBloggers Daily Prompts as often as possible. Perhaps one of them sparks something in you (maybe even related to one of your WikiTree profiles!) To see a list of the Daily Prompts click here.
If you are a member of WikiTree and have a genealogy blog (or two or three), we would be happy to add the Blogger badge to your profile and list your blog here. Contact Paul Bech to have the badge added.
This page was last modified 14:17, 24 September 2015. This page has been accessed 2,785 times.