[private daughter (1970s - unknown)] and
[private daughter (1970s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 23 Feb 2020
| Created 7 Dec 2015
This page has been accessed 1,816 times.
Timeline for Carl E. Callahan
- 1881-1960 birth & death of Grandfather H.F. Humphreys
- 1890-1946 birth & death of Grandfather William R. Callahan
- 1893-1974 birth &death of Grandmother Sarah C. Douglas
- 1896-1964 birth & death of Grandmother Fannie B. Foust
- 1915-1994 birth & death of Father Henry P. Callahan
- 1920-1986 birth & death of Mother Maude M. Humphrey
- 1938 marriage of mother & father
- 1940-2003 birth & death of sister Juanita M Callahan
- 1947 birth of Carl E. Callahan
- 1948 birth of wife Linda F Caldwell
- 1949 birth of brother
- 1951 birth of brother
- 1955-1996 birth & death of brother Glen A. Callahan
- Aug 18-22,1957 birth & death of brother, Tommy R. Callahan
- 1960 birth of sister
- 1961 birth of sister
- 1965 finished High school
- 1965-1969 served in USMC
- U. S. Marine Corp Viet Nam War Veteren
|Uinted States Marine Corps
Carl Callahan is a Military Veteran.
Served in the United States Marine Corps as combat engineer 1966-1969
Served two tours in Vietnam: April, 1966 to May, 1967 and May, 1968 to June, 1969
- 1968 Married wife Linda F. Callahan
- 1970 birth of daughter
- 1974 birth of daughter
- 1979 called into ministry
- 1975 ordained Free Will Baptist minister
- 1975 started to pastor churches
Key events for Carl E. Callahan
- Birth: March 23, 1947
- Finished Blountville High school in 1965, Blountville, Tenn.
- Finished Associate Degree from Tri-Cities State Technical College in Mechanical Engineering in 1986, Blountville, Tennessee (now Northeastern Technical College)
Religion of Carl E Callahan
- Born again in 1958 at age 9, called into the ministry on Nov 9,1971 at 3 A.M.
- Ordained a Free Will Baptist minister in Aug 15,1975. Started to pastor in 1975;
- Cherry Hill FWB church in Washington County, Tn;
- Van Hill FWB church in 1976 in Hawkins County, Tn.;
- Magnolia FWB church in 1978 in Rogersville, Tn. ;
- Bradshaw Community church in 1985 in Hawkins County, Tn.;
- Centerview FWB church in Newport, Tn. in 1986;
- New Home FWB church in Cocke County, Tn. in 1993;
- Johnson's Chapel FWB church in Granger County, Tn. in 1997-2003.
I no longer pastor, but am asked to fill-in, asked to stand at different churches, do weddings and funerals as called or needed.
Served as clerk of the Union Association of Free Will Baptist for 21 years, corresponding with 97 churches, and their clerks and many more sister Associations and their clerks.
Served the Minister Conference of Union Free Will Baptist Association as clerk for 11 years during the same period and corresponded with 147 ordained ministers.
I took the annual minutes of the Union Free Will Baptist and had printed 500 copies each year for 21 years and printed the Minutes of the Minister Conference for 11 years.
As clerk of the Union Association I sat with The Ordaining Council and had voting rights as the committee examine the licensed ministers coming for ordination.
One of the responsiblies of the clerk of Union Association FWB was to make annual reports to the Tennessee State Association of Free Will Baptist.
Trades and Work of Carl E Callahan
I worked at Tennessee Eastman Kodak Company in Kingsport, Tn., starting in June 29, 1969, for 31 years as a 1st class maintenance mechanic after finishing the 4 year apprenticeship program. I repaired anything and everything that tore up or broke down, and know how to heal a broken heart.
I am also a pipe fitter, welder, carpenter building houses, form carpenter in concrete work, and do run some heavy equipment.
I retired at age 51, in 2000 from Tennessee Eastman Kodak company.
- Joined the United States Marine Corp in Sept. 9, 1965. Went to boot camp in Parris Island, S.C.
- AIT at Camp LeJourn, N.C.
- Camp Pendelton, Calif. to Viet Nam in 1966-1967 as combat engineer for 13 months.
- Returned to Camp LeJourn, N.C. in 1967.
- Got married in dress blues at my wife's home church, Christian Bend FWB church, in April 20, 1968.
- Returned back to Viet Nam May, 1968 to June, 1969, where I was promoted to rank of E-5.
- I got a 3 months early discharge for good behavior in June, 1969.
We worked on building roads, bridges, landing pads, and supported the 'grunts' with explosives, opened up the roads every day to rid of land mines and booby-trays running a daily mine sweep. I was in charge of truck convoy into Dang-Nan, Viet Nam to pick up supplies. We went over by ship and made assault landing on the beach at Chu-Lai, Viet-Nam, I have PTSD and am disabled veteran.
Hobbies of Carl E Callahan
I enjoy studying the Holy Bible and apply myself to the teachings of the Bible. I enjoy woodworking, building anything of wood, from small to large, for the home, friends, and neighbors. I enjoy gardening and raise lots of vegetables for winter. I enjoy walking and doing exercise. I enjoy working on my family tree. I enjoy cooking and can cook any thing I desire. I am enjoying retirement since 2000 real good.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Carl's formal name
- full middle name (E.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (4)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (2)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Carl Callahan's full information you must be on Carl's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools