- Micajah Callaway's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Micajah Callaway fought in the Revolutionary War. He was one of the Fort Boone settlers. Micajah was captured by indians along with Daniel Boone and many others while manufacturing salt on the lower Blue Licks on the Licking River near Boonesboro, Ky. He was adopted by the Indians and for a time was the chief of scouts.
Micajah Callaway was a name known and feared by the tribes that wandered Indiana and surrounding parts, it was said that if a band of Indians caught wind that Micajah was going to be any where near where they were they would go 50 miles out of thier way to avoid running into this fierce warrior!
Micajah Callaway is also listed as one of the earliest pioneers of Washington Co. Indiana. where he died at 92yrs. and is buried today (Peugh Cemetery, Washington County, Indiana).
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- User ID: 0412855CC34F884297C1DF83965748DFA1FF
- Data Changed:
- Date: 7 Oct 2007
Prior to import, this record was last changed 7 Oct 2007.
- WikiTree profile Callaway-87 created through the import of josephrossdesc.ged on Jun 27, 2011 by Lamar Ross. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Lamar and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Micajah by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Micajah:
- Linn (Mayo) Private : 23andMe
- Nancy Mayo : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A464344, Ancestry member nancymayo13
- Charles West : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A181244
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Micajah is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 10 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 22 degrees from Ayn Rand, 18 degrees from Peter Roberts and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.