|5th Duke of Argyll
George William Campbell
In the military he rose to the rank of Field Marshall. He was also a Member of Parliament (1744-1761)
- Source: Cokayne, G.E.; Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors. The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed.. 13 volumes in 14. 1910-1959. Reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000
- Source: Hammond, Peter W., editor. The Complete Peerage or a History of the House of Lords and All its Members From the Earliest Times, Volume XIV: Addenda & Corrigenda. Stroud, Gloucestershire, U.K.: Sutton Publishing, 1998
- Source: Cokayne, George Edward, editor. The Complete Baronetage. 5 volumes. no date (c. 1900). Reprint, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 1983.
- Source: Mosley, Charles, editor. Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, 2 volumes. Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 1999
- John Campbell Find A Grave Memorial #98073073. Retrieved 23 sep 2016.
- WikiData: Q338100 Wikidata Information Reasonator enwiki Ancestors (about wikidata)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
John is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 34 degrees from Charlotte Brontë, 17 degrees from Bob Keniston, 14 degrees from Ben Kingsley and 8 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.