||Hugh Capet is a member of royalty, nobility or aristocracy in Europe.|
Join: European Royals and Aristocrats 742-1499 Project
- d. 24 Oct 998
- 29 May 987 - 24 Oct 998: first "King of the Franks"
- succeeded the last Carolingian king, Louis V.
- p. Hugh the Great, Duke of the Franks and Hedwige of Saxony (c.910-c.965).
- m. 970 Adelaide of Aquitaine a.k.a. Adelaide of Poitiers.
- Gisela, or Gisele m. Hugh I, Count of Ponthieu
- Hedwig, or Hathui m. Reginar IV, Count of Hainaut
- Robert II
- Royal Ancestry by Douglas Richardson, Vol. III, page 16
- ↑ The Historia Francorum Senonensis records the death in 998 of "Hugo rex" and his burial "in basilica beati Dyonisii martiris Parisius". The necrology of the abbey of Saint-Denis records the death "IX Kal Nov" of "Hugo rex".
- ↑ Elected HUGUES "Capet" King of France by an assembly of nobles at Senlis 29 May 987, after the death of Louis V King of France. He was consecrated at Noyon 1 Jun 987.
- ↑ dau. German king Henry the Fowler
- ↑ Wikipedia: Adelaide of Aquitaine; p. William III, Duke of Aquitaine and Adele of Normandy, daughter of Rollo of Normandy.
On 26 Aug 2016 Sunny (Trimbee) Clark wrote:
On 8 Oct 2011 Crickett Lile wrote:
Login to add your own memory.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Hugh by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Axel Bourbon-Parma : Y-Chromosome Test 38 markers, haplogroup R-Z381, Ysearch TFXJ6
- João Orléans : Y-Chromosome Test 38 markers, haplogroup R-Z381, Ysearch BNWYZ
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 1 Mar 2015 at 23:16 GMT Robin Lee wrote:
On 23 Dec 2014 at 21:57 GMT Bree (Unknown) Anonymous wrote:
On 30 Nov 2014 at 22:00 GMT Doug Lockwood wrote:
On 3 Sep 2014 at 03:42 GMT Bob Fields wrote:
On 12 Feb 2014 at 00:25 GMT Vic Watt wrote:
On 27 Oct 2013 at 20:43 GMT Anonymous (Borgsteede) Anonymous wrote:
Hope you don't mind me doing this without asking.
On 20 Feb 2012 at 15:11 GMT Roger Travis Jr. wrote:
On 7 Mar 2011 at 21:54 GMT Krissi (Hubbard) Love wrote:
Hugh is 29 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 23 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 31 degrees from Ayn Rand, 30 degrees from Peter Roberts and 26 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.