Category: 437 Squadron

Categories: Royal Canadian Air Force, World War II | Royal Canadian Air Force


437 (Husky) Squadron

437 Squadron was formed at RAF Blakehill Farm in Wiltshire, England in 1944 as a unit of the Royal Canadian Air Force, and provided general transport until it was disbanded in 1946. During this time the squadron flew Douglas Dakota (Mk.III and IV) aircraft.

The squadron was reformed at CFB Trenton in 1961 and equipped with CC-106 Yukon. It was re-equipped with the CC-137 Husky (Boeing 707) in 1972. While operating the Husky it provided Air to Air Refueling in addition to transport services.

See:


Person Profiles (1)

17 Mar 1921 Midway, British Columbia, Canada - 18 Oct 1990 photo




This page was last modified 15:49, 29 January 2021. This page has been accessed 48 times.