Category: Camp Livingston, Louisiana

Categories: United States Forts, Camps and Bases | World War II, United States, POW Camps


Camp Livingston was a U.S. Army military camp during World War II located on the Rapides Parish and Grant Parish line in north Louisiana, north of Pineville, Louisiana. It was open from 1940 to 1945 and was first known as Camp Tioga. It was renamed Camp Livingston in honor of Chancellor Robert R. Livingston, negotiator of the Louisiana Purchase. Camp Livingston was designated as an infantry replacement training center, as well as a garrison. Over 500,000 troops trained on the 47,000-acre base during the war.

During World War II, thousands of Japanese, German and Italian prisoners of war were kept in internment camps at Camp Livingston.

Camp Livingston was deactivated in late 1945 and is now part of the Kisatchie National Forest. - Wikipedia


This category is managed by the Military and War Project in association with the Categorization Project. For assistance with this or related categories ask in G2G making sure to tag your question with both categorization and Military_and_War.


Person Profiles (1)

abt 29 Apr 1920 Morgan City, St. Mary Parish, Louisiana, United States - 10 Jan 2014




This page was last modified 19:44, 14 March 2021. This page has been accessed 235 times.