Category: Fort Gratiot, Michigan

Categories: Port Huron, Michigan | United States Forts, Camps and Bases

Fort Gratiot Township was established in 1867. It is named for General Charles Gratiot, the engineer who laid out the fort.

Fort Gratiot (1814-1879) - A U.S. Army Fort established in 1814 during the War of 1812 by Captain Charles C. Gratiot, 2nd U.S. Infantry, in present day Port Huron, St. Clair County, Michigan. Named after the builder, Captain Charles C. Gratiot, 2nd U.S. Infantry. Abandoned 1821 through 1828 and garrisoned after that until 1879 when it was permanently abandoned.


This category is managed by the Military and War Project in association with the Categorization Project. For assistance with this or related categories ask in G2G making sure to tag your question with both categorization and Military_and_War.

Subcategories (1)


Person Profiles (7)

abt 1857 Lima Township, Washtenaw, Michigan, United States - aft 05 May 1950
16 Dec 1826 Shoreham, Addison, Vermont, United States - 01 Sep 1897
15 Nov 1858 Ann Arbor, Washtenaw, Michigan, United States - 13 Mar 1939
05 Jan 1903 Ridgeway Township, Lenawee, Michigan, United States - 14 Nov 1989
15 Jul 1884 Fort Gratiot Township, St. Clair, Michigan, United States - 24 May 1911
12 Sep 1803 New York, USA - 18 Oct 1873 photo
12 Nov 1917 Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, United States - 27 Feb 1997




This page was last modified 23:00, 16 March 2021. This page has been accessed 164 times.