Category: Kennett Monthly Meeting, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

Categories: Kennett Square, Pennsylvania | Chester County, Pennsylvania, Religious Institutions | Concord Quarterly Meeting, Pennsylvania | Quaker Meetings, Pennsylvania

See also: Category: Kennett Friends Burial Ground, Kennett Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania

The first monthly meeting of Friends which was to become Newark was held at the Widow Welsh's in New Castle in 1686. It became part of Chester [Concord] Quarterly Meeting in 1693. The monthly meeting was transferred to Western Quarterly Meeting in 1758. In 1760, its name was changed to "Kennett". At the time of the Hicksite Separation of 1827, the monthly meeting split into Hicksite and Orthodox branches.

Kennett Monthly Meeting (Orthodox) was discontinued in 1939, and most of its members were transferred to New Garden Monthly Meeting (Orthodox) in West Grove, Pa.

Kennett Monthly Meeting (Hicksite), which reunited with Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Orthodox) in 1955, was the forerunner of the current Kennett Monthly Meeting.[1]

  1. RECORDS OF KENNETT MONTHLY MEETING A Finding Aid for its Meeting Records Deposited in Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College and Haverford College Quaker Collection

People or pages in Kennett Monthly Meeting, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

There are 34 profiles on this category page.

C

D

F

H

H cont.

J

L

M

P

S

W

  • Ezekiel Webb 6 Jun 1747 Kennet Township, Chester, Pennsylvania, British Colonial America - 26 May 1828
  • William Webb Sr. abt 26 Dec 1691 Ozleworth, Gloucestershire, England - 4 Nov 1753
  • William Webb Jr. 13 Nov 1710 Kennett Township, Chester, Pennsylvania, British Colonial America - Jul 1764
  • Christopher Wilson aft 1690 Yorkshire, England - 11 Jul 1740
  • William Wood 22 Aug 1723 Warwickshire, England - 20 Jun 1775




This page was last modified 07:12, 10 June 2019. This page has been accessed 5 times.